Help › Forums

Roll the tiers back or scale the clubs.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:18 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 12:46 PM

marshall, the new tiers have 0 effect on the US Open. The hacks and masters and everyone in between play the same tees. Practice rounds are currently the only place your new ranking matters. So just go play. EVERYONE IS USING THE SAME TEES IN TEH OPEN, CAN WE COMPREHEND THIS PLEASE

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 11:51 AM

I personally was not talking about the Open. I was talking about the game itself , and mostly at Kiawah. I have *** for distance and, even with perfect/excellent hits, I still miss the green in regulation on par 4 holes. That was my beef, for lack of better term. No distance with any club. I have seen where some players have posted that this is a 'glitch' problem that will "run it's course", but it is not that for me. It is daily and for each hole. I was averageing around 230 driving for example, but now with perfect shots I average 220 and it is killing me.

• BOBBYSANZ
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 12:17 AM

Oh man thank god it's just not me having this problem. I totally skipped the amateur tier from hack to pro and now I can not break break 90. Putting is totally different and driving,? forget abut it. No way new clubs or new anything could help my game dude out he's gone from consistantly driving 240 to grandma out there. Doesn't being a pro mean youve become an elite player? Made a cut or 2 here and there? Sheesh  my guy doesnt even belong on a private course now.

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 12:15 PM

Exactly. My driving is gone to pot. My accuracy is still on par yes, but my distance is nowhere near what it was, and like you said BOBBYSANZ...as a Pro [more of the elite group] your distance should go up, but it has not. I shoud have gained at least 10 yards on my average, especially since the holes are 20 yards farther away. The putting has changed as well and I have lost a bit there too. I don't expect the game to be easy or made to where we all can eagle every hole, but this is ridiculous. Clubs are not the answer either. At best that would take me back to my old average, which again is roughly still 10 yards short of the way the holes are now set.

I am not here to be the best, but the point of any game is to better your stats or ability to play the game. Especially a sports game. I have not played a ranked game in quite sometime, and I do not intend to. Why ruin the stats I worked hard to achieve if they will just go to hell in a handbasket? Not to metnton but again I will state that the game is not playing 'fair'. Several times I have hit a perfect shot, wind straight at my back, and the ball will slice badly. Or worse the wind goes 10 mph to the right, I aim far left, hit the shot perfect, and the ball goes wide right as if I didn't even adjust the shot for the wind. And several shots in a row at that! Garbage. Pure garbage.

• Hateraid
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 11:29 AM

No you're not WGTalex.  You're working on the opposite - to force us to pay for longer distance clubs.

Seriously, who is driving the ship at WGT?  You guys really didn't think this through...great business plan! 

• banks201
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 12:22 PM

The distance thing really needs to be addressed.  I love the game and it has such beautiful photography but as a pro I can't reach the fairway on 5.  Sometimes on 10 and again on 12.  Forget trying to hit 7...that's just crazy.  I've hit it perfect on 5, with the Taylor Made R9 (best club you can buy) with a massive tail wind going towards the shortest part of the fairway, and I still hit it all of 229.  It's very frustrating and unreasonable.You guys need to do something to fix the distance inconsistencies. 

• TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 6:00 AM

We are working to give higher tier players the ability to hit farther.

Why not also revert players to a fairer level.  There's sufficient evidence that there's a 'stuff up' somewhere. Most of us just want to play golf to our level with our friends.

• RAH1950
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 5:59 PM

You should work on all tiers. While your at it, set the iron distance, as air distance.

Start at about, 120 yards for a pitching wedge, and work up. No golfers I have ever

known, figure the distance of an iron, with roll?? I have played for years, at a 2 to 6 HC, and

never used anything like that.

• aiea
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:21 PM

I agree with RAH1950 here.... I went from Amateur to Master and probably have 1/3 the birdie chances I had before...The game is just a GRIND now and a hell of alot less fun to play. There are many positives to this site as well, but we don't want this to become more work than play.

I too play to a 3-4 handicap and know for a fact in Hawaii's Governor's cup tournaments we play our yardages very differently. If the Master's tees have been moved back like they have, then you guys need to ratchet up the distance capability of our drivers, 3 metals and hybrids. The irons and wedges are fine as they are, but who wants to have to consistently hit very long approach shots with the set of conditions you've laid out in the Masters flight. I bought all the latest and greatest clubs you have to offer and feel as though I've been somewhat fleeced; as I mentioned, even with the new sticks it's just not much fun anymore. If we have to play PGA Tour tracks like these then give us a chance with the equipment provided.

Also, any chance at all of seeing stroke play for 18 holes @ Wolf Creek..It's just an awesome visual and I'd LOVE to be able to play the entire course..!!

Keep up the improvements and we'll continue to come back, but please don't think you all have to make this experience a Bataan death march to be effective; you're guaranteed to lose alot of players when it ceases to be FUN..!!

Malam pono e a *** ho..!!

Aiea

• ssundy
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:18 PM

i agree about making of the clubs to scale, i bought new clubs to be able to hit longer but it is not helping, others with starter clubs are able to play me even up.Just not right i spend the money but dont get any benefit from it .By the way why is there not a practice green im sure we could use one!

• PAGES
RSS