Help › Forums

13th hole bethpage strange stuff

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 26 2009 10:35 AM (3 replies)
  • Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 9:49 AM

2 strange things just now at bethpage 13th in multiplayer match

1st,    i took my 2nd shot (from the fairway) with 205 club middle spin , i hit the perfect line after a full swing and the ball went a total of 57 yards (landed in fairway and came to rest in fairway) ??? lol  what was that about?

2nd, when aiming my 4th shot at the green i noticed when i clicked zoom that the wind changed from coming northwest @approx 10 o'clock to coming from northeast @ about 2 o'clock , seems to me that normally the wind changes exactly 180 degrees from forward to reverse view, i decided to adjust my aim based on the forward view wind direction lol turns out this was not the way the wind actually moved my ball

1,644 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 7:20 AM

1.  You probably hit a tree... they are in play now and will swat your shot straight down. =(

2.  On approach shot the reverse view isn't always 180* reverse angle.... it may be an elevated shot from anywhere.  some seem 90* out from the forward angle.  The wind will change according to the camera angle  which can be a bit confusing.  If you use the forward view as your reference you should be okay most of the time...  This time though, you probably got deviation which still seems to be in play. =(

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 9:46 AM

Mainiack, you may have hit an invisible tree that is currently on the right side of the fairway on 13. It will be pruned shortly.

• mwb5010
    33 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 10:35 AM

Yeah my buddy just took out that invisible tree as well

RSS