Forums

Help › Forums

Has anyone been treated bad after starting a game

Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:33 AM (33 replies)
  • Roxie1971
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 9:55 AM

Personally Im sick to death of men just adding us females to friends and being invited to play a game with them, I have only just joined this site and enjoy playing golf but all these men seem to want to know in chat is, am I single, am I good looking, what am I after etc etc

Where here to play a game of golf just like you guyz, this is not a dating site/nor a sex one

Just got asked now about 5 mins ago an obscene question, and tbh Im getting a little pissed off with it now

Ok rant over

Roxie

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 1:32 PM

Unfortunately somehow there is a ton of that here....

Very sad display of immature behavior... Easy to be brave across the internet though I suppose...

On the bright side there is a ton of great people on here :) Just gotta bump into them

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 2:33 PM

Roxie1971:
    Just got asked now about 5 mins ago an obscene question, and tbh Im getting a little pissed off with it now

It can get a little rough here at times...I had a rude, stupid player invite me to dine on his family heirlooms, but I declined because I don't enjoy snacks.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 7:16 PM

Just wanted to sing someone's praises....  I was playing a MP challenge a few minutes ago against Shaky1.  My mouse click was significantly delayed...had that problem 2 times this week.  I hit my first 2 shots in the drink and commented that my mouse was lagging.  To my surprise, he offered to drop the game.  Now that's the way things should be.  I spent more buying him a sleeve of balls than i would have lost in the match,  but that's ok.  Hope to meet more people like that on this site in the coming months.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 8:56 PM

Fair enough Roxie - I agree 100%.

It must happen quite a lot I guess. I was playing a random game, which happened to be with a female, and after the customary GL and all, I dared to ask the player how was the weather in their state (US) and was met with " if you want to chat go to one"and disconnected.

I hardly think I was making rude conversation, and it is something I usually ask players about their country or state, pure curiosity.  I guess paranoia is a bad mindset too at times.

Hope you get to enjoy this game free of harassment in the future.

Sanco

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 9:02 PM

Sanco... I'm with you.  Seems like if you join or set up a multi-player match you're looking for a little camaraderie... what's wrong with a bit of chat on the course?  Hmmm... in real life would a golfer tell you to go f**k yourself if you were conversing with him/her?!

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 9:15 PM

That's the general idea DMM. But like Forrest Gump would say "playing WGT is like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you're gonna get..." lol.

• Roxie1971
    4 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 5:43 AM

I have no problem whatsoever having a chat with other players while 'ingame' but when they start saying obscene stuff like 'well if your single how do you satisfy yoursel?f' well thats just dam right rude an out of order.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 1:33 PM

SweetiePie... just tell 'em you're a fan of large snacks and that the snacks he's offering are just not that filling.  Or even Hot 'n' Spicy.

Roxie... just tell 'em hitting the 15th green at Bethpage with your second shot, close to the pin, is as satisfying as it gets.

In both cases I'd hope they'd take a hint.

• TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 2:06 PM

Doublemochaman:

Wombat... are you Howie by any chance???

No. I found that small program 5 years ago and it sits comfortably in the background ready for immediate use.

There's no popups or adverts. I get the impression that Howie designed the program with nothing but a desire to help PC users.

I'll repeat the URL for anyone that needs a good screen capture program.

Go here........

http://www.howiesfunware.com/

Click on Misc Software and download Howies Screen Capture.

Very easy to use.

RSS