Forums

Help › Forums

Who is this idiot?

Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:33 PM (36 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:08 AM

And ... when you register that one account .. you get full privileges .. Like posting in the forums ... on peoples profile pages, etc. etc.   

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 12:32 PM

I would like to know why the main account is still active WGT?  You notice how he doesn't forgive that person for falsely pretending to be him?  You notice at the end of the apology he is inviting us to leave warm messages on the account?  This is a mockery, and I dont believe a word of that apology or his story.

Do the right thing WGT, pull the IP and boot him and all his accounts. 

You let a guy like Captain Couples become sensored for just sharing what this clown is doing across the community but the main account holder is still out there opening accounts and stealing others credits?  CC wasn't outing him, he outed himself by going on over 10 accounts bad mouthing them for no reason except they had low scores.

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 1:05 PM

Hey guys,

I know that abuse/cheating are frustrating situations.  And I know that just about everyone wants to see action taken.  Please remember however that naming names is not the way to handle these problems.  Nobody wants to be unfairly accused in a public forum and nobody wants to see innocent players caught in a too-widely cast net.

So rather than naming names, please do file reports.  And please give WGT time to act in an appropriate manner in order to assure that the issues are handled as fairly as possible.

Thanks,

-Sky

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:32 PM

neildiamond11790:

This guy has at least 5 accounts that I am aware of.  He claimed to be a member that rides a ducati, but that member claims that someone is just using his name and why would he tell anyone it was him in a post.  The most interesting part of this whole drama to me is 2 things:

1)  Its easy to open 4 accounts in 3 days

2)  To wrongly claim to be a guy riding a ducatti, that person denying it, its odd this person didn't apologize to the ducati rider.  To me that would mean he is the ducati rider, and last I checked that guy is still active.

Its odd that I was on a website earlier looking at salt water fishing lures, and that site at the bottom told me my IP address.  How is that technology not being used here?

The only thing I would have against the IP address thing is that more than one family member using the same PC could be playing and enjoying WGT.The other suggestion about credit card makes more sense as that is an individual thing.

Thankfully I've never had any of these comments yet but a while back a member accused me of having aliases simply because a few other members had Bluenose in their name.It annoyed me that this obvious long time member should say that to me with out any backing whatsoever.I was quite new at the time and didn't even know why anyone would want more than one account.

• saladx
    39 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:39 AM

Mike3226:

Had a message left on my wall from new member ***** calling me a wan*er, cheat and peadophile.  I guess 1 out of 3 is a good score for this moron.  Has anybody else had a message from him? 

LOooooooL .. a wankr - a cheat and pedo , hahahha , this guy is funny

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 7:06 AM

Snaike:

But as soon as you want to play for credits (or other prizes) you have to register ONE account with a credit card.... one account per player playing for prizes.

Simple and elegant....

In todays society of instant gratification, this would be ineffective. Check out at any major retailer today and you will see racks of pre-paid cards for sale. Too easy for someone to get multiple cards to go along with their multiple accounts. It would make it a tad more difficult, but wouldn't solve it.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:24 AM

Good point VHL!

FWIW.  Found this relevant discussion on the Facebook Developers Forum.   Their conclusion IMO is IPs  have minimal use in catching multiple accounts and its better to track the abuse (cheating) you are trying to prevent.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:19 AM

They're right about that. IP is not a unique identifier. It can easily be manipulated via software, and then you have the dynamic IPs, which can change each time you start up your computer (in some cases). Besides, there would be nothing stopping a user from logging on from different computer, public for example, and cheating that way.

I'm sure WGT has more clever ways to track cheaters than that. For example like tracking when people log on, via what browser, OS type, screen resolution and so on. Plus what they actually do of course. They should, and probably do, have a good tracking system of all user action on the site.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:10 AM

VanHalenLover:
    In todays society of instant gratification, this would be ineffective. Check out at any major retailer today and you will see racks of pre-paid cards for sale. Too easy for someone to get multiple cards to go along with their multiple accounts. It would make it a tad more difficult, but wouldn't solve it.

You make a great point and are right, VHL,... if we were discussing gift cards.  We are not.

Issued credit cards have a verifiable account number...  Gift cards can be determined at the point of sale, iirc.

My solution would require a valid "issued" cc, no gift cards...

Again, it's not perfect I know.  There are a lot of people that would not be able to participate in the skill gaming parts of the game as some folks just don't have/can't get an issued credit card.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:50 AM

Snaike:
      There are a lot of people that would not be able to participate in the skill gaming parts of the game as some folks just don't have/can't get an issued credit card.

I don't support the CC idea, due to the reason given above.

RSS