Forums

Help › Forums

multiple accounts not monitored

Wed, Aug 18 2010 5:57 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gooberziggy
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:05 AM

From the “For what its worth department”: If any of you think that WGT is monitoring multiple accounts and multiple account holders, I believe that you are sadly mistaken. I am a long time WGT member with a primary account opened in June 2009. I reached master level last year and “retired” (I permanently closed my original WGT account) with over 500 ranked rounds and 200+ matches played in mid July. Out of boredom and/or curiosity, I opened this account on August 4th.  I have previously opened, and closed, 2 other accounts during my tenure here, after temporarily closing my main account. I  have never had  2 accounts open simultaneously. I’ve never played a match for credits or tried to sandbag anyone, so please save your outrage. 

I’ve been playing only with starter equipment on this recent account and have advised nearly everyone I’ve played that I  “started over” on August 4th.  I have offered to forfeit matches if anyone was bothered by my admission - nobody gave a crap. 

I haven’t purchased any credits or given a credit card number on any but my main account, so maybe I was somehow  flying under the radar. My conclusion, however, is that WGT is either incapable of monitoring multiple accounts or just doesn’t care until forced to react when someone raises a fuss in the forums about a particular account (see Fl*ff**n, et al). 

I expect this post may never see the light of day, but  the paying membership should know this. Especially true in light of the recent cheating scandal and recurring issues of sandbagging and multiple account holders.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 10:51 AM

sad to acknowledge but true.  Asking for a CC when joining would go a long way in stopping some of this.

• gooberziggy
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 1:38 PM

agreed - but that would alienate/eliminate a lot of potential members if required at the outset

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 1:54 PM

try having 2 open at once and see what happens.. report back

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 2:30 PM

gooberziggy:
    If any of you think that WGT is monitoring multiple accounts and multiple account holders, I believe that you are sadly mistaken.

How would you propose they do this?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:02 PM

Gee-wiz, what if most of the people at WGT all have multiple accounts, who's to know? In addition to this, it appears WGT is incapable of detecting cheating software too. This isn't good fellas!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:05 PM

gooberziggy:
    If any of you think that WGT is monitoring multiple accounts and multiple account holders, I believe that you are sadly mistaken.
    A couple of points here...

Yes, WGT is taking steps to remove multiple accounts when they have proof.  I have been messaging members@ for a little while regarding a suspected multiple... they informed me that they weren't just going to jump in all "willy-nilly" (my term, not theirs) until they were convinced I wasn't trying to hang an innocent man.

Well, proof they finally have and gone are the accounts.

So, yes... WGT will look into removing multiples.  It may not be as fast as ~you~ want it to be, but it does happen.

Second point...  The way to keep the game a free browser game AND use CC to weed out multiples/sandbaggers is to require a CC to sign up for any payout type games:

• Touneys
    • Ready Gos
    • Match Play Challenges
    • etc...

The reason people sandbag and make multiples is usually to cheat the system to make credits, either from WGT or other unsuspecting players.

This solution is not fool-proof, but it will go a long way into curbing both.

Peace.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:10 PM

Richard4168:

Gee-wiz, what if most of the people at WGT all have multiple accounts, who's to know? In addition to this, it appears WGT is incapable of detecting cheating software too. This isn't good fellas!

Richard, my friend, please don't confuse lack of visibility with lack of ability.

WGT is not making their plans known for a reason.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• kelrob
    92 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:14 PM

I have a simple proposal. No ready-go,,credit paying match play challenges,,or credit paying tourny's unless u have a credit card. They can surely monitor the credit cards? 2 accounts,,same card or address for the card on the accounts. Ban the card holder adress and card #,,easy.

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:22 PM

Please do not post to the forums with the intent of encouraging others to violation of Terms & Conditions.

• PAGES
RSS