Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:50 AM

Thank's for your kind words Corwyn but I was just trying to keep to par and hope for the best.

Corwyn:
    If you are able to provide any more dates/times info by Thursday midnight that would be most helpful. If not, I'll put you on as likely to need more flexibility, and anticipate using a marker.

I really would love to be able to be more specific, but even just now I have had a call to extend my stay away for 2 more nights unexpected.

It looks like I will just have to catch hold of anyone spare whenever I have some time online.

• FranzHaber
    5 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:19 AM

great praktice with cerin, very good player!!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:23 PM

ATTENTION CORWYN,

I'm having issues with the private messages again. I think I just sent one to you that's  rather important in our on-going conversation. I seem to be getting yours just fine but I never know if or when the ones I send you are being received.

~CD~

• togemag
    991 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:09 PM

Hey Timbo & Slayer, I'm off for the rest off the week and the weekend. Give me a shout and we may can get some games in.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:34 PM

Thanks Cerino!

Yes, they are coming in... but I don't know that they're there. The Message light is erratic, and does not always come on, so it's often luck whether or not I notice. I'll just keep checking frequently.

I did see your most recent important message, and have just responded.

Corwyn

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:40 PM

togemag:

Hey Timbo & Slayer, I'm off for the rest off the week and the weekend. Give me a shout and we may can get some games in.

i can go green around 4 pm  eastern any day ... i have found playing by yourself and using the new mulligan feature a very good tool ... 

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:21 PM

Corwyn:
    That's very generous of you, and an intriguing and extremely tough challenge you've set there on one of the very hardest holes we'll encounter in this format (even if we are starting from a flat lie on the tee).

I hope to update the first page Prizes post tonight/early tomorrow. We also have a very generous offer from jlucky333 to include... and plenty of room for more if anyone else feels so inspired!

I finally got around to updating the first page post with new prizes! (Been a lot going on...). Thanks Inigo, and James for your generous sponsorships.

James (jlucky3333) is sponsoring a sleeve each to 4 winners in the following prizes:

5. Greatest Improvement (relative to par) throughout the tourney (from Rnd 1-4 and from TIO2 to TIO3) (Two players in this category win a sleeve of balls of their choice, one who shows the greatest improvement from Rnd1-4 in this tourney, and one whoh shows greatest improvement in overall score relative to par from TIO2 to TIO3; sponsor: jlucky3333) [calculation of biggest improvement in percentage by comparison of % over par in 1st round against % over par for 72 holes; and TIO2 total against TIO3 4-round total]

6. Most Birdies across whole tourney (goes to next placed player not already in top 3 places): (1 player wins a sleeve of balls of their choice; sponsor: jlucky3333) [tie-breaker will be most birdies on non-par3 holes]

7. Least Bogies or Worse across whole tourney (goes to next placed player not already in top 3 places): (1 player wins a sleeve of balls of their choice; sponsor jlucky3333[tie-breaker will be least number of double-bogies or worse]

There's still room for any other prizes you want to devise... and we can even add course-specific ones ahead of each round.

A big thank you to all of our sponsors!

---------------------------------

P.S. The field now numbers 31, with 2 days left for signup.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:50 AM

Hello Folks,

This is the last day(Sept, 12) to sign up for TIO3. Anyone that has an interest this is the moment to show it and sign up on the form. Anyone already signed up this is the last day to dare your friends to join you in playing. Heck, dare your enemies as well to play.

We have 4 entrants that are Master Tier or under who will be playing for a possible new set of irons. We had hoped to see more entrants at this level so anyone that knows a player in that range, please ask if they have an interest.

I hope everyone that plays finds the fun in playing UL that Corwyn and I seem to find out there. We look at it as actually playing Open Golf with the courses biting back and us just trying to steal a little bit of their hides along the way.

I'll be on and off today looking for practice pards. If the light is green for me, shoot me an invite and we'll kick Oakmont around a little as best we can.

Thank you all and remember, fun is the best thing to have so seek it and gather it to yourself. :)

~CD~

• JayO92
    172 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:12 AM

Just tried out a round of uneven lies.  Not as bad as I feared.  And aside from Merion at the Medium tees (come on man there's a huge forced carry on 18!) the championship conditions seem fair for starter clubs so count me in :).

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:16 AM

JayO92:
    come on man there's a huge forced carry on 18!

thing is jay , we all have the same equipment and have to deal with that carry ...

RSS