Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:15 AM

Kurtsbuford:

MacDuff and i are playing.    No Withdraw anymore for duffer!

Great to hear Kurt and thanks for updating us. :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:34 AM

Kurtsbuford:
    MacDuff and i are playing.    No Withdraw anymore for duffer!

Hooray! So glad to hear that.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 8:36 AM

Well it seems im not gonna get my last round in and thats ok. But after done an awesome practice round alone I wouldnt mind giving it a go in "real" mode.

But I also gets that we need to wrap this up and im kind a work busy atm.

I would like to thank Corwyn and Cerino for once again a great tourney. You guys rocks!

Also I would like to say thanks to all that played and all the sponsors, a big thank you :)

I hope when you are ready to kick off the 4th edition I will get another invite :)

So, thank you all and until next time, swing on.

Mati

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 9:39 AM

Well, it seems Buffer got me back into it, so thanks for the patience Corwyn , CD, et al. And thanks for the kind thoughts from all my boys. The Buff had a great back 9 after a few stumbles on the front.  He could have posted a much better score had I not yakked his ears off.  This was a very fine tournament, start to finish.  Beautifully run as usual.  Kudos to the organizers. And congrats to the winners.  I was thwarted by Merion when I thought I could at least break 80 again.  No matter, had fun anyway. I forgot to mention Buffer's fabulous chip in on the last hole. Pics to follow...

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 9:48 AM

Duffer and I have completed our game,  Im hoping she has the stats because ive inadvertently clicked main menu after screening the scorecard.   Was great to see her out there with everything shes dealing with right now.  God bless her, shes one hell of a wonderful person.  

Edit, LOL, just noticed Duffage has posted stats.

So its like the duffer was "snake bitten" on the back 9,  me the front.......my putting sucked azz bigtime, but a pitch in from 14 yds deep rough on 18 for par  after wgt vem'd my drive 40yds short of the fairway(wind blowing out too) left me feeling like the overall champion of this edition of the starters trans-atlantic.   Great tournament guys, thanks these tourneys constantly remind me of how synthetic the great clubs are and the mid 50's scores i posted during the virtual us open is just a fantasy.    i'm excited to post 77 here today.        Cheers!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 11:23 PM

Macduff10:
    Well, it seems Buffer got me back into it, so thanks for the patience Corwyn , CD, et al. And thanks for the kind thoughts from all my boys. The Buff had a great back 9 after a few stumbles on the front.  He could have posted a much better score had I not yakked his ears off.  This was a very fine tournament, start to finish.  Beautifully run as usual.  Kudos to the organizers. And congrats to the winners.

Kurtsbuford:
    Was great to see her out there with everything shes dealing with right now.  God bless her, shes one hell of a wonderful person.

Couldn't agree more with you there, Kurt! Best wishes to you and your family, Mac!

Kurtsbuford:
    a pitch in from 14 yds deep rough on 18 for par  after wgt vem'd my drive 40yds short of the fairway(wind blowing out too) left me feeling like the overall champion of this edition of the starters trans-atlantic.   Great tournament guys, thanks these tourneys constantly remind me of how synthetic the great clubs are ...   i'm excited to post 77 here today.        Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words both of you, and I'm so glad you're happy with your round Kurt. Your par save on #18 will be a strong contender for Ben's Best Save prize too!

--------------------------------

Corwyn:
    Any of our last 4 players... let's hear from you!

People are out there and willing to mark. Let's wrap this thing up!

FYI everyone: I've PM'd the remaining players (several times), and since Cerino and I have a tee time on Friday morning, we will call the tourney done then...

... so Micke (hobbe95), Darren (Dazza501), Mati (Matildalgaly) [if she wishes to complete after all... it's OK to change your mind!]], and James (jlucky3333) have another 34 hours from now.

Just post when you can play here in the thread and someone will help you out! And do note, all of you are in the running for at least one possible prize.

Thanks, Corwyn

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 4:23 AM

You are very accommodating Corwyn, along with CD who does his fair share. I know I couldn't show the patience and tolerance you have, and I also know I couldn't run a tourney like this, as you guys have.

Hats off to you.

I remember when we started this and we played together and how much u appreciated one little tip I gave ya, now u are streets ahead of me.

All credit to ya, and ur organisational skills.

Let's enjoy a massive prizegiving party this weekend.

OeJ

EDIT: A big big thanks to all the sponsors who have made the tourney so much fun to play on each and every round.

Without ur generosity then I am sure many would have given up.

Thank you.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 8:10 AM

Thanks John and a Special Thank You to the Prize sponsors.

... so Micke (hobbe95), Darren (Dazza501), Mati(Matildalgaly) and James (jlucky3333), I'm hanging around with the green light if any 4 of you want to play the final round with a marker. Tomorrow Corwyn and I will play our Tourney Finish Wrap-Up Round and then TIO 3 is going in the books....

~CD~

• deedles77
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 8:43 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    , Darren (Dazza501)

Dazz i will play if you need to finish,

Dee,

just another club member reaching out to help :)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 11:49 AM

Corwyn just thumped me all over St A so now the Tough It Out #3 is Officially Closed. All Scores, Stats and prize announcements will be made by Monday. Corwyn is a little short on time for this weekend so it may take all through Monday to post all the information.

Thanks to all entrants for Toughing It Out and to our Prize Sponsors for their generosity and interest in making the Tourney as fun as possible.

~CD~

RSS