Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:43 AM

Corwyn:
    especially to Slayer on a great-sounding round. Such a pity about those last few holes taking their toll. 27 putts (including a 3-putt!) is phenomenal at Merion, and with a distance-made of 90-odd to boot. Very impressive!

thanks ... i was gunning for 8 birds , thought that might put me in the chase for overall birds . came up short ...

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:35 AM

Well, 5 is pretty darn good! And it does put you at 12 overall, ahead of everyone else in the running so far (as a top 3 finisher, I don't qualify for this prize).

Micke could certainly catch you (he's on 9 currently), and Dazza and Mati are on 6 apiece needing 6 birds to catch you.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:39 AM

Kurtsbuford:
    I've left a pm with micke but have not heard from him since sunday shortly after the disconnection occured.......so im hoping to see him around today, although ill be on limited times also.

Hi Kurt,

Well, there's no sign of activity from Micke since Sunday on his profile, so if you haven't heard back let's plan on using a marker instead of hoping to catch him.

What are your available times today? I'm sure someone can help out. (I'm potentially available between 9am-12:30pm WGT time (1.5hrs from now, for 3.5hrs)

Thanks!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 10:36 AM

fredricton:
    I think you have a problem with the leaderboard

After score 305 the order is mixed up?

Hey thanks Fred!

All fixed now... (beware sort function in googledocs: strange things can happen, or it could have just been me doing stuff far too late at night!)

As a new player with Starters, perhaps you'll be interested in taking part in our next one of these. Hope so!

Cheers, Corwyn

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 11:32 AM

i could mark for some this afternoon/evening if anyone needs . should be home around 4 Est ...

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:07 PM

Any of our last 5 players... let's hear from you!

People are out there and willing to mark. Let's wrap this thing up!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:53 PM

I'm gren and available now if anyone needs a mark.

oej

Edit: some hours later.

nothing doing 

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:48 AM

BigInigoMontoya:
    filmslayer and I just finished up a little while ago.  I'm fairly cheesed at the way I played, but still somehow managed to card a 79 after a tap in Bird at 11.  Slayer was dropping Birds left and right, but still gave a few back to finish with a nice -- but still somewhat disappointing -- 73.  The difference was in the putting IMHO, as slayer hit less greens than I did, but managed over 3 times the total distance of putts made as me.

Wonderful play by play!  Good stuff.  :)

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:53 AM

MacDuff and i are playing.    No Withdraw anymore for duffer!

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:55 AM

good to hear ...

RSS