Help › Forums

Watch Woods, Singh and Yang paired.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 14 2010 2:18 PM (21 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:39 AM

Snaike:

... I guess seeing that a few people could be passing him for the worlds #1 has put a bee in his bonnet.

Either that, or he really wants to play the Ryder Cup... 

Neither ...This is a "Major".

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:56 AM

I actually spent all day yesterday at Whistling Straits, I got there at 7 o'clock hoping to see Ricki fowler play his morning 7 10, 18 hole round.  Then I would eat lunch and follow Phill for his 18.  Sadly with the 3 hour fog delay Rickie got done at 2 and Phil tee'd off 2 ghours later and wasnt able to finish his round.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:01 AM

Heh-You must have felt right at home wandering around in a fog there K.. :-D

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:36 AM

YankeeJim:

Heh-You must have felt right at home wandering around in a fog there K.. :-D

No home is about an hour away. And you can tell me that next sunday when I tee it up there from the PGA tee's :-) 

Note: I was suppposed to play monday but was advised (by the course starter) to move my tee time to next sunday in case the PGA Championship had more fog delays and was forced to end Monday.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 11:04 AM

Enjoy KOTC,

My opportunity fell through so I won't be making it down there. Hope you can share your experiences with us when all is said and done. Pictures, pictures, pictures, lol.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 11:24 AM

TarheelsRule:
    He is a lock on the Ryder Cup if he wants to play, Pavin has to pick him

I have to disagree, Tarheels.... Pavin does not and apparently (as of last Wednesday's presser) will not make Eldrick a Captain's pick unless he plays significantly better.  Jim Gray reported that Pavin was going to pick Woods, and then Pavin has to call a presser to say that he was misquoted.  That caused a firestorm.

(NBC Sports Link)

So, no, ... unless Eldrick can get his 'poop in a group' he will not be playing for either the FedEx or Ryder Cup.

BOFFMEN:
    Neither ...This is a "Major".
    Great point Boffmen.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 11:50 AM

Well we will just agree to disagree Snaike, because no matter what Pavin says, I believe for a number of reasons he is going to have to pick Tiger no matter what.  In terms of ratings for TV and in terms of Woods still being the #1 ranked player in the world, I think Pavin is in a position where picking him is the necessary evil.  Tiger may decline the invite but I believe he will be a pick no matter what.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 12:02 PM

TarheelsRule:
    In terms of ratings for TV and in terms of Woods still being the #1 ranked player in the world, I think Pavin is in a position where picking him is the necessary evil.
    There is a very real chance that come 9/7/10 (the day Pavin has to make his picks) Woods ~won't~ be the #1 ranked player in the world.

TarheelsRule:
    Tiger may decline the invite but I believe he will be a pick no matter what.
    Declining the invite would be the honorable thing to do, given his recent showings.

But then again, this is Eldrick we're talking about... honorable just isn't his forte....

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 12:13 PM

Good point Snaike, although even if Tiger isn't ranked #1, he does still bring in the TV viewers........people like me watching to see him put up a 78 or shank a few into the gallery.  I frankly think he should decline the invite, no one could fault him for doing that and it gets Corey off the hook and helps fire up the team.  I would much rather see Dustin Johnson banging out 350 yard drives than Tiger hitting it 80 yards left but as you said it is Eldrick and honor isn't in his bag.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 7:01 AM

TarheelsRule:

Good point Snaike, although even if Tiger isn't ranked #1, he does still bring in the TV viewers........people like me watching to see him put up a 78 or shank a few into the gallery.  I frankly think he should decline the invite, no one could fault him for doing that and it gets Corey off the hook and helps fire up the team.  I would much rather see Dustin Johnson banging out 350 yard drives than Tiger hitting it 80 yards left but as you said it is Eldrick and honor isn't in his bag.

Tarheels, what has Tiger done for the US team?  In history, Tiger's record on the Ryder Cup sucks!  So in my mind the only reason to pick him is his intimadation factor, which has taken a big blow lately.

RSS