Forums

Help › Forums

Watch Woods, Singh and Yang paired.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 14 2010 2:18 PM (21 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:24 AM

Here's the link to watch Woods, Singh and Yang on Thursday... opening round of the PGA morning rounds

Afternoon match will be Mickleson, McDowell and Oosthuizen.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:47 AM

watching it for a while.  Best streaming video for any majors so far IMO.  it has not forzen once in over the hour i have had it up.  Course looks nice, sweet overhead blimp shots, still really hazy from that fog this morning.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:59 PM

wow Tiger at -2 I didn't see that coming. I really thought he would be at +1 at this point.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:18 PM

Very average day for T Woods.  -1 with a birdie on his last hole.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:30 PM

This course should play long, not much elevation and close to the water but they are hitting it 350 at will.  I saw Woods play a 3 wood and 7 iron into the 508 yard par four and Bubba Watson played driver and 56 degree wedge into the 590 yard par five, he did cut the corner but does everyone know understand how you can shoot 59 out there and now a 60 or 61 is going to be a routine happening.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:31 PM

Does Tiger have a chance?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:40 PM

Richard4168:
    as much as I hate to admit it, Richard.. he does.

I was watching his play today and there were glimpses of the old Eldrick... some of those lengthy putts were mere millimeters from dropping.... like the 30'er that rolled just up to the hole and stopped.

Makes you wonder why he was just mailing it in last week and not really caring about his score... I guess seeing that a few people could be passing him for the worlds #1 has put a bee in his bonnet.

Either that, or he really wants to play the Ryder Cup... 

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:57 PM
    The biggest difference that I saw was him actually making some putts. Never seen him miss so many 4 to 6 foot putts before. I didn't notice his stats, in terms of driving and GIR but he seemed to be in more fairways than in the past few tournies which is a key for him. He also seemed to be hitting more 3 woods than I have seen in a while, can't figure out why he doesn't play the 3 wood and the old stinger shot as much as he did a few years ago. Not a Tiger fan but it was nice to see him play a little better. He is a lock on the Ryder Cup if he wants to play, Pavin has to pick him............can you imagine if he didn't and the US lost the last day singles by one match.
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:00 PM

Richard4168:

Of course.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:31 PM

Seems everyone has written him off after last week, Snaike. Who knows what was going on in his head, maybe some personal stuff. I for one would not bet against him. He obviously wasn't all there last week, but the tools and skills are still there, and I would not put anything past him if he is the right mind set. There used to be no safe cushion with others players when he was in the field, and I think that has now changed. Once he gets that mentality back, and more importantly, once other players have that mentality again, all bets are off.

RSS