Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts on new tiers and levels

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 24 2010 10:02 AM (24 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 1:47 PM

Kaslo, if you are referring to Bollox's post on sandbagging pros using master clubs from Pro Tees,  I don't disagree with BB, it would be a real challenge for him facing a capable Pro using Master equipment.  I covered it here:

andyson:
    Medium/Small -: Multi-player matches between certain tiers becomes un-leveled with lower tier players having access to better and longer clubs while playing from shorter tees.  Offset by lower tier players ability to handle the faster meter and less forgiveness of better clubs. Also considering a lower tier player, playing with better equipment should score better and move up tiers if scoring average (see Adjusted Gross Scoring method), and tier progression rules are properly done. Don't forget, for the most part we get to choose who we play multi-player rounds with.  Not a big problem as I see it.

Sandbagging needs to be addressed whether its by a max score cap or Adjusted Gross Scoring and or including only tournament rounds in averages.   A solution to minimize sandbagging will come eventually. Meanwhile, check the player's profile and don't play against him.  But it does appear, from what's been posted, many elite masters relish taking a bagger down.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:09 PM

mich,

short of a true handicapping system, this is probably the best alternative I have heard. I don't see an issue with the tiers or equipment model as it stands. This would be a great idea to allow someone to see one average for credit based matches, and another average for all other matches - a very quick determination could be made about the integrity of the player before accepting or denying a challenge match.

I don't know how mpc's are handled right now, but there should be no reason players of different tiers can't play a mpc match for credits with each using their respective tiers, equipment, and tee's etc. Course condition should be the same for each, and equipment and tees should be dictated by the players tier. 

Again, great suggestion - very quick and easy way to determine a players integrity, and when sandbaggers can no longer find easy prey, it will help to stop the habits......

• michgolferman
    246 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 9:42 AM

Thanks Van,

Nice to read a response.  I don't know the programming involved, thats always the issue though.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 9:06 AM

WGTalex:

Hi Ala,

The current plan is to have tour Pros and Pros tee off from the same tee.

Yes, that is possible but you can choose not to play in such a round.

Thanks.

• Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 2:15 AM

how actually making the game mrroe playable for everybody

for  example i went from hack to master in 6 days and now have tried to played master tier with the starter clubs (9 hole unlimited), and the game is now rubbish becuase none of the par 4 are reachable with the eqiument you get, so have about making it fair for everybody and if your going to have 450+yard par 4 hole how about giving masters a set of clubs that aint the best but have the distnace as me for one will either be quitting this game or setting up a new user as this game is no longer playable and now very very very unrealistic

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 10:43 AM

Deccy180:
    as me for one will either be quitting this game or setting up a new user as this game is no longer playable and now very very very unrealistic

Perhaps, if had you played the tougher courses and recorded all of your rounds, you would not be in this position.  Folks who only play the easiest 9 holes, and cherry pick their best rounds ALWAYS get to Master way before they are ready.

But, that's all water under the bridge in this case. 

Keep in mind that WGT allows ONE ACCOUNT per customer.  Should you decide to set up a new account without WGT's blessing, and they find out, you will lose all accounts with any and all money/credits forfeited.

Good luck.

• Puebloune
    18 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:09 PM

/bump

WGTalex:

Hi Ala,

The current plan is to have tour Pros and Pros tee off from the same tee.

Yes, that is possible but you can choose not to play in such a round.

And for you Alex, couple of questions :

1- When it comes to weekly tournaments, will there 4 or 7 of them (1 per rank)?

2- when it comes to equipment, will the best available equipment (thru levels) be better then the current master one?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:16 PM

Puebloune:
    And for you Alex, couple of questions :
    Sadly, Alex has left the building.

Perhaps another WGT staffer would like to take a shot at answering?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:17 PM

ninja'd! lol!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:39 PM

There will be a mixture of tournaments including some with 7 tiers. Also the equipment list is always growing and improving but it is not set in stone and I do not know if the level equipment will be better than the current clubs in the future.

RSS