Forums

Help › Forums

Any one remember sega mega drive golf game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 11 2010 11:46 PM (3 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:28 AM

I may be showing my age but i used to score in the low sixties on most rounds on this so two questions please .

1 - being a tight scottish git i have got as far as pro on this without spending any money and using my first set of clubs - how low can you score on this game without buying the big drivers and low irons for the back spin etc .

2 - has any person playing on here won all the awards possible and if not who has won the most .

I would also like to thank the people who have replied to my posts for their help and sense of humour and maybe at this point i could also thank my mum and dad and everybody who knows me .

I will need you all when i go for my socialite awards .

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 10:09 AM

1.  There is not much more room for advancement with all standard gear after pro.  You may fight to get it to Master, and it is possible, but the game will be a lot harder there if you don't bit the bullet and upgrade.

2.  Nope.  There are some awards that are going to be pretty much impossible to get, but check out ncviz or Iconian, I think they have the most if not close to the most awards accumulated.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 10:31 AM

A man after my own heart you are, Craig. I resisted buying anything from this site for ages, and then they introduced the tiers and I was made master. After that I had no choice but to upgrade as I could barely reach the fairway on some holes, and I remember not being able to reach a par 3 green with my driver! It broke my heart at the time.

If you play purely for recreation you may get away with just upgrading your driver and maybe your 3 wood, but if you want to compete, you will need to seriously break out the plastic, and succumb to the capitalist regime, as someone once put it.

I remember having many a late night with me mates after the pubs shut playing that sega golf game in the early 90's. God, we thought it was brilliant at the time. Amazing how quickly things change innit?

Best of luck.

Sean

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 11:46 PM

Well 30 bucks may be alot for some..I understand that. Making pro with the stock stuff is really good.

WGT would not exist if it were not making some money...30$ is cheap for all the hours of enjoyment you will get and did I mention all the great people you will meet?

I can blow 30$ fast when Im out on the town for pints and thats if i dont spend money on the ladies...WGT is IMHO a real bargain.

I probably spend 20$ a month here and glad to be able to do it.

RSS