Forums

Help › Forums

Just Curious

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 12 2010 1:00 PM (6 replies)
  • EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:37 AM

For those of us not fortunate to have really played St. Andrews, what are the dark objects within the fairways on Holes 4, 5 and 7? There may be others, but these are three that I've seen. They look virtually like stones or monuments of some sort (Celtic Ruins?). I've not hit one, yet; but it may only be a matter of time.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:44 AM
  • EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:52 AM

Thanks, Yankee. Sorry, for not exploring for the earlier thread. What an interesting place, St. Andrews; and to think of what golf has become today from that germ so many years ago.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:02 AM

It's even more interesting because there are a lot of UK players here that have actually played there and a certain Canadian here is going to play there next year courtesy of WGT because of his ability to play the digital version!

BTW Mr. AvatarLee, sir. On this topic I hope you realize we'd like to see a pose at some of the places on the course like that thing EP's talking about, one of those infamous bunkers, your  second (or third ) shot on 17 and stuff like that.  :-D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:45 AM

YankeeJim:
    BTW Mr. AvatarLee, sir.

Sir AvatarLee, Knighted by the Queen for his outstanding virtual golf abilities. lol!

Jim's right Lee, please share some photos of the trip. Congratulations, it's got to be a spectacular feeling.  : )

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:25 AM

I will most certainly try to get as many key shots as possible and share them! 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 1:00 PM

Try to get one on 17 like you are trying to reflect one off the road wall back onto the green.

RSS