Forums

Help › Forums

Why Buy the Ping irons

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 19 2010 10:24 PM (23 replies)
  • jokeefe82
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 7:10 PM

I purchased the G10's and initially was infuriated at the increased swing speed and less forgivness.  i have since improved with them but still feel that for 20 USD there should be some improvement.  If i had it to do over again i think i would have only purchased the wedges. 

• Lane19d
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 8:41 PM

New to the site, seems overwhelmingly unpopular to buy new clubs, would be nice to see a graphed out chart of all the clubs and their specs.  would expect more of such a great looking game.

• Decarz2
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:10 AM

There is a graphed out chart. The chart is by the player nivlac, and is widely used by most of the players on the site trying to buy clubs.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 4:35 AM

Lane19d:

New to the site, seems overwhelmingly unpopular to buy new clubs, would be nice to see a graphed out chart of all the clubs and their specs.  would expect more of such a great looking game.

Here is the link.

If you look in the bag of 99.9% of the top players here you will have your answer to the question of whether or not to upgrade your clubs.

Happy hitting.

note....Justquit is right. It will take 5 to 10 games to get used to new clubs. After that you will never go back.

• Waltermydoinhere
    10 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 5:28 AM

I've been playing for about a month off and on and I've managed to make "pro" at about 77 handicap.  I decided that although there is lots of room for improvement in just ME and how I golf (in this game), that some new clubs might help me to drop a bit further.  I was also intimidated by the Meter Speed of many of the sets.  So I ended up going with the Ping Rapture set.  I didn't notice that the Wedges were running a meter speed of 3 (versus about 1 for the Drivers/Irons) until I used them the 1st time.  Now that I'm getting used to the speed of the wedges (just bought this set about 4 hours ago) I wished I'd have gotten the Taylor Made Pro set.  The whole set is the same Meter Speed which, once you're acclimated to it, is not really that bad.  Plus they hit a bit farther.  Although their 'forgiveness' is a 2 as opposed to the Rapture's 4.  In just a few rounds my handi's dropped to a 74.xx.   More to come!  BUY NEW CLUBS!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 7:13 AM

Lane19d:

By the latest member to join, thenovice2, WGT is almost at 1.4 million strong. Take whatever % of that for duplicate/inactive accounts you want and you still have a huge number of players. 4 or 5 newcomers struggling to learn something new hardly constitutes an overwhelming opinion.

Stay with the game, look at the charts and learn the free stuff you have. Then when you do buy clubs you'll be able to appreciate the subtleties of the game. They don't make you instantly better but they give you the tools to get better. Unfortunately, you have to perservere and work at it. GL

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 8:53 AM

Just thought I`d point out that this thread is a little dusty and that Lane19d hasn`t posted a score since 10/09...just sayin` ;).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 8:59 AM

mefitz:
      Just thought I`d point out that this thread is a little dusty and that Lane19d hasn`t posted a score since 10/09.

LOL-I thought she was just patiently waiting for an answer.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 9:17 AM

mefitz:

Just thought I`d point out that this thread is a little dusty and that Lane19d hasn`t posted a score since 10/09...just sayin` ;).

That is my bad. I was looking at posts by a different user HERE.

I just saw the date and did not pay attention to the year. (What are the chances that the guy has only two posts, both whining, exactly one year apart..lol

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 9:34 AM

Why Buy a Persimmon Head McGregor Driver?

And why buy Titleist 90 compression balls?

RSS