Forums

Help › Forums

do something with these variances!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 18 2009 6:48 PM (4 replies)
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 2:51 PM

I just thru the weekly tourney, had a shot on #17 with an 8 wind @ 10oc.

Ok hit it perfect and it flies off a good 20 yards to the right, obviously in the middle of the pond. For the life of me I really don't understand why there is a need for all these random shots. When this game first came up on this site you had it pretty right. Of course it had its patterns but they weren't that hard to figure out. But even then if you took those out and left the player with just figured what the carry and roll told you it was very playable but challenging. I'm really going to have to cool down and figure out if I even want to deal with this anymore.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 3:14 PM

I feel your pain Viz. It is getting rather testing to play anymore!

• hezzy111
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 7:40 PM

i posted in another thread about this - but this time i was 6 under playing the 17th - i have never been 6 under in my life, wind was helping and pretty much from behind, slightly off the left, i aimed it between the traps and the flag, i hit it  PERFECT and was almost celebrating because i'd have a good chance to go 7 under, only to see the ball fly straight right into the pond.

i sucked it up took a drop and did the same thing (same shot, same alignment) only for the ball go to in the pond again. i pulled out of the tournament in disgust - its ridiculous.

• Cyborhog
    6 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2009 4:10 PM

Might be time to go back to EA sports TW golf

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2009 6:48 PM

Please for the life of this game do something. Forget all else. I know this may seem the right way to control certain things to pursuade certain issues. But a "bell ringer" should not fly 27YARDS to the left. On the tee, no less, with a 4i. Can any of WGT really believe in this? Well....accountants and lawyers be damned. I know the founders must love the game or they wouldn't have gone through the trouble. Now think of us......some are paying to help keep the lights on as it were. And to get variances at all is enough to make one vomit. Please while there is still a draw, take out the Beast. Great, very fun to play when IT isn't thinking, game. Keep up the good work!

RSS