Forums

Help › Forums

Dayton Putter vs Spider Putter

Tue, Aug 3 2010 9:07 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • United4Life
    104 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:55 PM

I'm just wondering whether the extra 300 credits is worth the extra precision??

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 1:44 AM

United4Life:

Answer is Yes (IMHO):)

Daytona will go exactly where you aim more often than the Spider will.

Buying the better putter now will prevent you needing to change later when/if you become Master.

Good luck:)

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 2:51 AM

Could not agree more! I never liked the Spider.

• austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 5:34 AM

When I putt I miss purposely what putter would be best for me?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 5:45 AM

Without question. Listen to GC.

@austin-Before committing to the missing style of putting try the more accurate putters like the Redwood or Daytona. You can still putt that way but what you'll find is with more accuracy you won't have to depend on that miss. Just take the time to learn the putter you chose. GL

• austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 6:56 AM

I will YJ thanks for the tip. And should I rent them before I buy it or just buy both?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:37 AM

Renting doesn't give you enough time to learn them. You won't see immediate results as there is a bit of a learning curve. The only difference between the 2 is the meter speed and a scale. Given your current putter I would imagine your best bet is to go with the Daytona because the meter shock won't be so bad.

The key is to give it time, more than a rental allows. I was startled at my misery when I first got the Redwood but it was because it took me a while to appreciate just how much more accurate it was. 

• austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 9:46 AM

Thanks YJ ill keep doin surveys 2 get it lol

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 11:02 AM

I've just changed from the Spider to the Daytona, It's a much better club, I wish i'd bought it first and saved me some credits.

• trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 12:16 PM

United4Life:

(Disclaimer for all Spider Haters)  

My 1st purchase in WGT as a novice player was the Spider.  As my game progressed so did my confidence and ability with it. When the Daytona was released and I saw the number of people using it I felt the need to give it a try. I was very curious after all this time how the more forgiving Spider would compare to the Daytona's higher precision. 

Im sure my opinion here will spark much controversy but unfortunately I didnt find the extra precision of the Daytona to be that noticible at all. Its a great putter and Im sure has a nice fit in alot of peoples approach to putting, as well as the more popular 30 ft scale. But for me personaly the 25 ft scale of the Spider is what works the best. The extra precision of the Daytona, or lack there of does absolutely nothing for me on the greens and doesnt warrant learning a new approach to putting. 

• PAGES
RSS