Forums

Help › Forums

What to buy??

Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:10 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 10:23 AM

I have 776 credits from surveys. I was thinking about waiting to get the R9 TP driver, but is there a better bargain that I can get with my credits now?

Thanks

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 10:35 AM

austinpowers2001:

I have 776 credits from surveys. I was thinking about waiting to get the R9 TP driver, but is there a better bargain that I can get with my credits now?

Thanks

The TM pro burner driver is a good choice for the credits you have. It is only 5 yards shorter than the R9 TP driver but has more precision and the same forgiveness and meter speed and is 200 credit less. If you want a great distance and forgiving driver with a slow meter speed then you could wait until you get a few hundred credits more and get The Ping Pro Rapture driver. Many of the best players on here used it as a pro.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 10:50 AM

Here's a crazy suggestion: How about buying the Daytona Rossa?

You know what they say... Drive for show, putt for dough.

Although ideally you would want both the Rossa and a driver. I think the Tour Pro 9.5deg driver is the best value in terms of price vs distance but I would also agree with besting that the Ping Pro Rapture is the best Pro driver you can get.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:27 AM

Complex is right on the money when he suggests the Daytona putter. This putter is one of the best clubs on offer and you won't have to replace it later. There's almost no learning curve, just point and ding. The meter is a little faster than the putter your using now,, but you'll barely notice it after a few holes. I am sure you will be over the moon with it the first time you use it , not to mention the 3 or 4 shots it will knock off your average. Unlike the other clubs your considering, you won't have to up grade later.....didn't i just say that  ! 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:43 AM

And after the driver and the putter, you should try the steepest wedge. You can stop the balls on a sixpence (dime). 

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:57 AM

ComplexP:

Here's a crazy suggestion: How about buying the Daytona Rossa?

You know what they say... Drive for show, putt for dough.

Although ideally you would want both the Rossa and a driver. I think the Tour Pro 9.5deg driver is the best value in terms of price vs distance but I would also agree with besting that the Ping Pro Rapture is the best Pro driver you can get.

Even now as a master I use the Rapture occasionally when I am having trouble with the G-10 master driver or the TM super-tri. The Daytona or the Redwood are both great putters it depends on whether you want the slower meter speed or the 45 foot meter. 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:06 PM

piztaker:

And after the driver and the putter, you should try the steepest wedge. You can stop the balls on a sixpence (dime). 

Yea, the 64 degree wedge( 50yrds) is the second most effective club after the Daytona imho, the meter is a lot faster but that ball stops dead in its tracks.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:53 AM

griffygriff:

piztaker:

Yea, the 64 degree wedge( 50yrds) is the second most effective club after the Daytona imho, the meter is a lot faster but that ball stops dead in its tracks.

64 degree wedge, best purchase on this game besides my 8.5 driver.  I would never play a round out here without it.

• austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:14 AM

For putting I don't aim the pointer, so what putter would be best for me?

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:20 PM

austinpowers2001:

For putting I don't aim the pointer, so what putter would be best for me?

Redwood or daytonna, you'd end up buying them later on anyway so might aswell get used to it now.

• PAGES
RSS