Forums

Help › Forums

More avatars, not new clothing!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 4:36 PM (6 replies)
  • Winston1984
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 5:00 AM

Hi, I was really looking forward to the forthcoming product release stating that there will be new avatars... it's just the same old avatars but with stupid looking clothing. Come on WGT, you have designed a wonderful game with top-notch playable golf courses but for the life of me I can't understand why there are essentially only 3 guys to choose from! I can't understand why it is so hard to render a few more.... It would be great if there was a better spread across all ethnicities and if all else fails have a selection of different golf caps to wear - simple! Also, without sounding sexist I would guess that at least 90% of the players of WGT are male so why the 50-50 representation between male and female avatars... is it all about policital correctness? Surely only having 3 body types/ethnicities,etc is much less PC?

I would dearly love to see more avatars and not just the same ones with stupid clothing.

Come on WGT, help to make that transition from good to great!

Cheers

W

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:10 AM

Winston... what do you like to wear on the golf course?

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:20 AM

Agreed,

Everyone has the same avatar or no avatar.

Why not have avatars of celebrity golfers or just celebrities in general. I'd like to play as George W.

:)

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:59 AM

maybe a pot belly avatar and shorts for men  also maybe cigarettes if you are a smoker lol

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:24 PM

brhthecarpenter:

maybe a pot belly avatar and shorts for men  also maybe cigarettes if you are a smoker lol

Yea!    and  maybe we could change the name from  World Golf Tour to Mario Golf Tour!!!!      come  on.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 2:08 PM

Winston1984:
    Come on WGT, you have designed a wonderful game with top-notch playable golf courses but for the life of me I can't understand why there are essentially only 3 guys to choose from!

In time.  Major elements such as game design and functionality (remember, this is still a BETA and thus is still a work in progress) has taken precedence over details like Avatars for now.  We offer a small selection of clothing options so folks won't get bored with the basics.  Once the game becomes more complete we will be able to turn our focus more toward the details and offer a better selection of things like that.

• Toothpic
    32 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 4:36 PM

Don't change the Avatars...I am fat and 50, but I love how I look on the screen :)

RSS