Forums

Help › Forums

DO YOU?????

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 31 2010 3:09 PM (7 replies)
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:30 PM

Hi folks, got a little survey for ya. I will answer for myself as I ask.

Do you find yourself flipping off your avatar? I DO

Do you find yourself nodding your head as your wife talks in the background oblivious to what she is saying while playing WGT? I DO

Do you shout at the ball SIT SIT SIT DAMMIT! while your dogs sits and looks at you like "Dude I am sitting"? I DO

Do you find yourself leaning your head into the break trying to help the ball go in? I DO

Does your neighbors think you have torretts from your spasmic shouting and cursing when your by yourself on the back porch with your computer? MINE DOES

Do you imagine the little dots on the greens when you play golf for real? I DO

If you answered yes to any of the above then you may have a condition known as wgtidus, which is treatable but there is no magic cure. This disease affects thousands upon thousands of people, just like you. To find out how to manage your disease please dial 1-555-WGT-CURE and get a plan that fits you and your affliction.

this message has not been approved by WGT, the food and drug admin. or anyone else

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:23 PM

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself flipping off your avatar? I DO

Only when I'm being nice.  I've punched him a few times but found that to be quite costly!

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself nodding your head as your wife talks in the background oblivious to what she is saying while playing WGT? I DO

I do that even when I'm not playing WGT, it turns her on...LOL

jasondement:
    Do you shout at the ball SIT SIT SIT DAMMIT! while your dogs sits and looks at you like "Dude I am sitting"? I DO

Don't have dogs but if I did they'd likely request a transfer to the humane society.

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself leaning your head into the break trying to help the ball go in? I DO

No, but I have been known to punch myself in the head a bit too hard.  It makes me feel so much better and sooooooo much worse all at the same time.  Kinda like when I leave a couple putts short in a scramble, then next one usually entails a vigorous rap with my putter to the inside of my ankle.  I DON'T LEAVE ANYMORE PUTTS SHORT but do have a permanent bruise on the inside of my left ankle.

jasondement:
    Does your neighbors think you have torretts from your spasmic shouting and cursing when your by yourself on the back porch with your computer? MINE DOES

Absolutely but more like a turrets sufferer on a very bad acid trip.

jasondement:
    Do you imagine the little dots on the greens when you play golf for real? I DO

No but just might have to try that.  I try the old read where the water would run off the green trick.  Now that I think of it I'm not changing a thing on the greens.  Recent stretches of 54 and 41 holes without a 3 putt. 

You forgot "Do you go through mice like a hungry barn cat?"  Yes I do.  I got the total coverage plan on my Logitech Anywhere Mouse ($90) from Office Max.  When the clerk tried to sell me the coverage (which I usually decline) I asked if it included bouncing the mouse off walls.  He said sure does.  I said sounds like a great figgin idea.  Now on my third one.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 11:54 PM

jakestanfill7:
    When the clerk tried to sell me the coverage (which I usually decline) I asked if it included bouncing the mouse off walls.  He said sure does.  I said sounds like a great figgin idea.  Now on my third one.

Jeebus H Christmas Stanfill!

Anger management much? lol... I get angry with words... YOU just seem to get REALLY angry. Hope all is well bud. Times are tough.. I know. Maybe it's a "southern" thing?? I've always been known to respect life and limb (even of dogs).. although my speech is off the charts... bad words and dissenting opinions have never physically harmed anyone (or thing).

lol

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 7:34 PM

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself flipping off your avatar?
    Can't say that I flip him off.... but he's been called every name in the book, and some ones that are not even in the book!

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself nodding your head as your wife talks in the background oblivious to what she is saying while playing WGT?
    Acutally... Not since she got a boyfriend (Thanks Icon... I can concentrate soooo much better now!!!)

jasondement:
    Do you shout at the ball SIT SIT SIT DAMMIT! while your dogs sits and looks at you like "Dude I am sitting"?
    No dogs either.... but my co-workers think I'm a little odd now.

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself leaning your head into the break trying to help the ball go in?
    Ummmm.... has anyone else fallen off their chair trying to guide a ball in the hole??

jasondement:
    Does your neighbors think you have torretts from your spasmic shouting and cursing when your by yourself on the back porch with your computer?
    (see the answer to "SIT DAMMIT!")

jasondement:
    Do you imagine the little dots on the greens when you play golf for real?
    I wonder if that would really work..... I'll have to try it too!

Remember the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I admit nothing!!!

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:44 PM

Lee I think you can be treated with medication.

Jake, OH Jake. I think you will have to be admitted to the WGT rehab facility. Here we have great suites that will suit all your needs. Complete with padded room and rubber hammer. I will send Armando with the leg irons and limo to pick you up.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:48 AM

smason77:

Anger management much? lol... I get angry with words... YOU just seem to get REALLY angry. Hope all is well bud. Times are tough.. I know. Maybe it's a "southern" thing?? I've always been known to respect life and limb (even of dogs).. although my speech is off the charts... bad words and dissenting opinions have never physically harmed anyone (or thing).

lol

Too funny.  I'm generally a pretty easy going guy in life (other than speaking my mind a bit too readily) but sometimes this game sends me over the top.  I tend to think my temper has more to do with insomnia and only averaging about 4 hours sleep a night.  I find if I luck up and get a solid 6 hours life's little curve balls are much easier to deal with. 

As for harming things or others, I've found it much better to just hurt myself.  I haven't punched anyone in a very very long time.  :)  At 6'7 250 I've discovered I can do a little too much damage.  The last several altercations I've just taken the guys punch a laughed along with my standard, "Is that all you got?" or "If you can't hit me any harder than that you must be a f@&!" (no offense intended to folks of the other persuasion). BTW, they've never thrown another punch and I get a belly laugh at the bewildered look on their faces.  My favorite line came from a New Zealander about 8 years ago in Aspen after punching me in the jaw.  I gave him response #2 and he promptly danced around behind his buddies and exclaimed, "I'm not afraid of you you lanky C@CK!" in that wonderful accent.  It was priceless.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 8:27 AM

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself flipping off your avatar?

Heh-no-he's just a stupid picture inside my computer. It's the idiot chauffeur that gets yelled at a lot.

jasondement:
    Do you find yourself leaning your head into the break trying to help the ball go in?

Does back strain and broken seats from the body english count?

jasondement:
    Do you imagine the little dots on the greens when you play golf for real?

No but  "Wow. Just like on WGT" gets said a lot!

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 3:09 PM

Do you find yourself throwing a ball or something in real life and wondering what the break will be when it lands ? I DO

RSS