Help › Forums

Music for thought

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 1 2010 9:44 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 4:38 PM

I've just started listening to music whilst hacking around the great courses on offer from WGT. its actually improved my mood and sometimes my final result in a round. also, ( for me ) it takes the frustration out of the game. i listen to the  ' Beach Boys ' a lot as i always find my shots end up in bunkers. thought it would be fun to find out whether other members listen to music when playing WGT and what songs they choose to play. if you don't listen to music when playing perhaps try it. works for me.

• disclover
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 4:49 PM

I just finished listening to jeff becks new cd emotion and commotion

• emerfish
    20 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 5:25 PM

disclover:

I just finished listening to jeff becks new cd emotion and commotion

I always listen to Three Little Pigs by Green Jello when I play, very calming stuff lol. 

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:41 PM

Hi disclover - Fellow Jeff Beck fan,

Yeh - I have that CD and its great. The guy has reinvented himself over the last few years and is without doubt one of the best. Always has been mind you.

As for playing music whilst playing a round ?? I love music, but I think I would get distracted - listening more to the music than getting my calcs right lol.

Cheers

Doug

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:52 PM

In real life, when I play practice rounds by myself I wear earbuds and listen to music on my mp3 player.  Two of the songs I play are golf related... "A little Bit is Better than Nada" from Tin Cup and "Ooh La La" by Faces which was featured in a Tiger Woods commercial several years ago.

Playing WGT I'll listen to:

- Reggae for Kiawah

- Scottish bagpipes for St. Andrews

- Spanish Flamenco for Bethpage Black

- Latin Music for Oakmont

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:02 PM

I mainly listen to internet radio while playing, it could be Majesty radio, or praise and worship, 247polkaheaven, or even death metal. Sometimes I will play a CD of Tony Bennett or of the psalms being narrated with background music.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:05 PM

I use Last.FM personally.  Not when playing, but just in general.  It's a pretty nice free online service.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:26 PM

I just dloaded bah bah blacksheep from the Sheep Illustrated sight. Awesome music for St Andrews.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:50 PM

Here's a selection of what i've been listening to.

Roxy Music , Ottmar Liebert, Vangelis, Ennio Morricone, Yello, Chris Rea, Roberto Perera, Runrig, UB40, Prefab Sprout, simple Red, Ultravox and the Doors.

• Bezukhov
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:09 PM

There is nothing better than some great Jazz while I'm playing. John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Dave Brubeck...

• PAGES
RSS