Forums

Help › Forums

R11 adjustable sole plate - how does it work??

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 7 2013 4:29 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:47 PM

Open - Opening the face by 2 degs is more for a player who wishes to hit a fade (right hander) or who hits a draw who wants to hit the ball straighter.

Close - closed 2 deg, for players who wish to hit a draw or for players who hit a fade/slice who wish to straighen then drive out.

Nut -  for players who hit the ball straight of the tee.

Weights the 10g & 1g weights can be removed and placed in the heel or the toe of the club this also helps with fade & draw shots.

goldeena:
    To me it's just a lightweight aluminum cap with a screw, it's not weight balanced in any particular direction and the club sits up the same whatever position it's set,

Ah i know what you mean here. Sometimes this cap will get stuck the little screw will turn around to different spots but won`t change the angle of the club. (you think you have it 2 deg closed) but really it is in the last spot you had the club set up sometimes when it gets old just does not turn the little thing in side to get it to the next spot.

Just take the cap of un screw it clean I sometimes spay a littl lynx in the hole acts as a little bit of lube you could say gets things turning there are more stuitable products to use then lynx.

Also 2 deg difference in face on set up is hard to notice.

This youtube video will give you more information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSCrELVFHec

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:54 PM

DON'T BE FIDDL'N WITH IT WOMAN !!  ....

leta MAN do the club adjusting ... u do the swinging.... an just smile an look pretty in ya lil golf outfit ...

:)   .... 

i do like ya polish idea ....... mind polishing mine ....:p

jok'n... peace 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 5:06 PM

That video Suncity  linked is perfect. Tells you everything you want to know except what kind of flight YOU want. If you're big and strong a high flight is in order. Big carry, big distance. However, if you're not big and strong a lower flight will roll more once it hits the ground and get distance that way. This is probably where you want to be, at least to start.

I swing a 9 degree driver because old man golf is about down the middle since you don't have the swing speed anymore. It rolls nice off the tee after landing.  :-)

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:11 PM

Picture this:

And this:

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:58 AM

I have an R1 IRL and you will be fine.  Sorry if a tad politically incorrect and tongue in cheek but I found funny:

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:18 AM

goldeena:
    I still don't 'get' how a flimsy looking aluminum cap can be responsible for rotating the whole head about the shaft

It changes the way the club rests on the ground. Think about sitting on a 3 legged stool with one of the legs shorter than the other two. The stool is going to tilt to the short leg and you will lean in that direction. Rotate the stool and the direction you lean to changes. That sole plate does the same thing.

That wrench you have is actually a torque wrench and the click is the wrench releasing its internal grip on the torx bit so you can't overtighten the screw.

IDK if the shipping will kill you but this site has stupid cheap balls.  :-)

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/login.asp

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:16 PM

LMAO.........

well i enjoy reading yer post ...and glad to see you try'n the game out for real.. .. something if u can do is... get a coach ...b4 you get into alot of bad habits .. learn it right .. and you will improve at a faster rate.. :) 

im sure there will still be plenty of time for discussing shaft angle an stiffness when yer with us here .... (wink*) 

hit em good... an show us a vidio !!!!!!!!!   ... 

• PAGES
RSS