Forums

Help › Forums

CAN I CHANGE BALLS DURING A ROUND ???

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 4 2023 10:17 PM (9 replies)
  • TennesseeCraig
    16 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 1:46 PM

When I play golf and I come up on a hard WATER HOLE, I change balls, and pull a shank ball out of my bag, just in case I do lose a ball, it won't be one of my expensive ones.  The only way I have been able to change balls is to start the round all over.  IS THERE A BETTER WAY ???  Can I change balls over and over during a round and continue playing that round ???  Thank you - "TennesseeCraig"...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:24 PM

Nope, it is against the rules of golf.  

WGT has went with the 1 ball rule.  The only other option mid round is if you lose/wear out your last ball of the type you started with and they allow us to finish with the starter ball.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:41 PM

Agree as for the Rules of Golf - you must not change the ball through a given hole.

From a player's view, it's a mess to chicken out a challenge, it will spoil your game for sure. My personal thought-of-the-shot is "take your best ball and KEEP IT for heaven's sake!"

In this online game the thought is more like "The player shalt have no options" - confirmed by MrWGT.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:23 AM
    Using the same ball ( brand and model) is a local rule for a stipulated round. WGT has chosen this rule for play on their courses. They do allow the switching to the plain vanilla ball if you run out of the brand and model you started with which is against the local rule, but they don't allow someone to borrow the same brand and model ball from another player, which would be allowed under the Rules of Golf. Go figure.
  • Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:38 AM

Though they do give reasonable warning that you are on the last ball of this type , which then falls down to the individual to replenish their stock before starting the round and losing your only remaining ball of that type.

Good gesture by WGT to break their own rules and supply you , free of charge the means to finish your round.

• Lonewolf748
    23 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2023 6:11 PM

Not sure what rules u follow but in real golf you are allowed to pull another ball out of your bag no matter what type,,as a real golfer wgt isn't follow rules but making thier own,,

Just my opinion 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2023 8:44 PM

Damn!

I had 10 years even on this thread. Who had 9 years and 9 months? 🤷🏽‍♂️

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2023 10:17 PM

BPeterson8256:
    I had 10 years even on this thread. Who had 9 years and 9 months?

I dunno, I can't get past being dumbfounded that a thread has been around this long and you know who hasn't posted a War & Peace sized essay on it yet.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2023 12:48 AM

BPeterson8256:

Damn!

I had 10 years even on this thread. Who had 9 years and 9 months? 🤷🏽‍♂️

😂😂😂

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2023 6:46 AM

BPeterson8256:

Damn!