Help › Forums

Experience System??

Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:27 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:12 PM

Hi all,

After a long time of not playing WGT, I played Tiger Woods Online. Tiger Woods online has many more things to offer than WGT, more courses, more items in the pro shop, and a swing trainer. For swing trainer, you earn in game money every time you play. You can spend it on improving your game. I think WGT should definitely do something like this, alot of people don't wan't to spend real money on this game due to various circumstances. WGT has the player base to do something like that. I like this game alot, and I think it could be much better than TW online, but there haven't been many updates lately, that's all. Also, I think there is a HUGE disadvantage to players that don't buy clubs. A system like this would give some back to players that don't buy clubs.

Thanks

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:24 PM

Austin... at the expense (oooh, there's that ugly word) of being redundant I'm going to post this again:

It's the year 2012.  WGT has been letting everyone freely exchange equipment now for almost two years.  There are posts from newbies begging for old clubs, and members are gifting them freely.  In fact. WGT stopped charging for balls almost a year ago.  Nobody has to pay for anything.  They haven't made a new course in over 16 months.  Advertisers have left in droves questioning the company's viability.  Last night's business news bemoaned the fact that the San Francisco company was going out of business due to lack of capital. 

(This cautionary tale brought to you by DoubleMochaMan who does not mind paying for clubs and balls so that the site can flourish and keep improving)

P.S.  And don't you have to pay to be an ongoing member of Tiger Woods Online?

• austinpowers2001
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:26 PM

Doublemochaman:

Austin... at the expense (oooh, there's that ugly word) of being redundant I'm going to post this again:

It's the year 2012.  WGT has been letting everyone freely exchange equipment now for almost two years.  There are posts from newbies begging for old clubs, and members are gifting them freely.  In fact. WGT stopped charging for balls almost a year ago.  Nobody has to pay for anything.  They haven't made a new course in over 16 months.  Advertisers have left in droves questioning the company's viability.  Last night's business news bemoaned the fact that the San Francisco company was going out of business due to lack of capital. 

(This cautionary tale brought to you by DoubleMochaMan who does not mind paying for clubs and balls so that the site can flourish and keep improving)

P.S.  And don't you have to pay to be an ongoing member of Tiger Woods Online?

absoultley not. you can play the courses that don't have greens fees, and you can get better stats by playing longer.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:38 PM

Well geez Austin, at WGT you can play any course you want, without a greens fee.  And they are realistic.  And at WGT you can get better by playing longer, too.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:55 PM

Hi,

There are only 2, max 3 courses daily that are free to play - thats it. WGT has 4 - everyday, plus a host of other options into the bargain. CTTH etc etc . So .........:-)

I dont mind TWO to be honest - I just play the free rounds on occasions for a little light relief lol. Its nice to have a look at the course layouts also.

Having said that its WGT for me.

Cheers

Doug

1,644 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 6:35 PM

BTW... how many trips to REAL golf courses has TWO given away??  There is much more to play for here and much more satisfaction in achieving it!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 6:56 PM

Not just REAL golf courses, but Pinehurst and Congressional!  Am I missing some?

1,644 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 7:17 PM

Doublemochaman:

Not just REAL golf courses, but Pinehurst and Congressional!  Am I missing some?

Also WGT has sent (or will be sending) people to Wolf Creek, TPC Scottsdale, St. Andrews and Kiawah Island and probably more, but I can't remember... Oh and then there was Nasagolfer who went to the 2010 Open at Pebble as a spectator!!

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 8:41 PM

I concur,   I dont mind at all paying for my entertainment. Every form of entertainment costs something,  why moan about it here, Do the ones that bytch about spending money here send an e-mail to  redbox   saying they should give the movies out for free? Doubt it.

but  and it is a big but,   the only people going to Real golf courses on WGTs dime are the top 1/100th  of 1 percent of the players here,  the rest of us just do it for the fun, not for the prizes

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 8:50 PM

I do believe, from time to time, they do semi-random drawings for golf course excursions for active members.  Niv?

• PAGES
RSS