Forums

Help › Forums

Space Bar Not Working?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 30 2016 8:20 PM (93 replies)
  • Maru80
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:53 PM

Same problem here. Just one day the space stopped working. Using Google Chrome as well. I really don't want to use IE b/c the performance sucks.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:54 PM

Just download Maxthon. It'll cure your video problems too. Why won't you do it?

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:04 AM

I've tried Maxthon myself it sux .Don't waste ur time w/this browser that's my opinion

further more space bar working on my end w/Chrome 

• erikatwtg
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:37 PM

Type in Google "disable pepperflash" and you have a couple solutions to solve the spacebar problem.

I did yesterday and the problem is AWAY ;)

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:06 AM

Found this site:

http://newtriks.com/2012/12/01/how-to-disable-the-chrome-pepper-flash-player/

Very good on how to disable pepperflash but I only have one Flash Player file listed and it's pepperflash.

Just as a test I disabled it, but in doing so I lost my sign in window when I logged on to WGT. Went and enabled back on, still have space bar problem.

If I can install another Flash Player file like the instructions above show, I would think the WGT problem would be fixed.

EDIT:

I Googled my question about multiple Flash Player files and started with Adobe Flash down load. Saw I had an option. One Flash was for IE and another for different browsers. I selected the second one and it did a download. Went back into Chrome://plugins and now have two Flash Player files. The new file does not end in the words "pepperflash". Going to follow above instructions again to disable problem file.

EDIT:

Followed above instructions and space bar issue is resolved. I also noticed that my swing bar is much smoother. Always had a slight shutter even after installing Chrome.

• ynjm
    4 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:59 AM

Wish WGT would address space bar issues. Takes the fun right out of the game.

• ALLISONPGA
    1,018 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:14 PM

Did this today and it fixes the issue , you need to google > chrome:plugins DISABLE  your pepperflash yourself . WGT cannot do it for you 

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) Version: 11,7,700,169
    Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
    Version: 11.7.700.179
    Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\26.0.1410.64\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Enable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
    .spl
    Version: 11,7,700,169
    Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_7_700_169.dll
    Type: NPAPI
      Disable
    MIME types:
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl
    Disable  Always allowed

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:43 AM

ALLISONPGA:

Did this today and it fixes the issue , you need to google > chrome:plugins DISABLE  your pepperflash yourself . WGT cannot do it for you 

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) Version: 11,7,700,169
    Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
    Version: 11.7.700.179
    Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\26.0.1410.64\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Enable
    MIME types:
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
    .spl
    Version: 11,7,700,169
    Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_7_700_169.dll
    Type: NPAPI
      Disable
    MIME types:
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl
    Disable  Always allowed

This is exactly what my list of plugins looked like after I did another download from Adobe Flash. Disable top file (ends in pepper flash)and enable the second one. 

• helen1972
    347 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:27 AM

Totally had enough of this !

I do not have the technical knowledge to either understand or solve this problem, I just DO NOT, disable this, enable that, literally means nothing to me.

Since joining WGT I have spent a considerable amount of money playing a game I love.

This level of service is completely unacceptable, WGT can try to blame others ! but this Is your game, therefore the responsibility Is yours !

I would suggest that you give this issue your undivided time and attention to sort It out, regardless of who you blame !!!!!

One very unhappy PAYING customer.

p.s. I'm guessing a claim for a refund of all money I have spent on WGT If you don't fix this issue would be ignored ?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:49 AM

helen1972:
    Totally had enough of this !

Nine months and waiting on the typing glitch, Good luck Helen et al. Leave it to WGT, they've taken a perfectly good game and made it "untypable", "unplayable", and "unspeakable", lol.

Doc :)

RSS