Forums

Help › Forums

To much crying....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:27 PM (2 replies)
  • kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 5:53 PM

Seems like there has been a lot of negitivity in the air, sandbaggers, greens are unfair, swing meter, blah blah blah.  Well i would llke to acknowledge a player i played with today named thraxle,  very nice guy, good conversation, and on the 17th hole the swing meter messed me up bad on a putt, it was clear, and before i could say anything he wasted a shot to even it up.  I told him he didnt have to do that, and he replied "it is a gentlemans game, isnt it?"  I think we kinda lose sight of that sometime.  Needless to say, he went on to beat me on the last hole, definate good karma there.  

Anyone else have any good experiences or stories to add?  nice to hear some upbeat stuff once in a while....take care all

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 5:55 AM

Several... but just last night, in a very rare random multiplayer round (for me) I was partnered with three individuals, and to my surprise the round went right to the last hole with all 4 players still hacking away!!  Thoroughly enjoyable round to take my mind off of 'other' rounds!

• TarheelsRule
    5,484 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:27 PM

I assume it was a match play round and that was classy.  I have played with a few folks who have done that as well as have I.  I played with a friend today, match play and had to bail on him on the 14th hole, hate to do that but it was either tell him and bail or make him wait 30 minutes.  It was match play and I was ahead so he won the match.  I have had no luck playing stroke play and getting players to finish lately, the 3 foursomes that I started in today, all ended up with me as a solo or with one other player.

RSS