Forums

Help › Forums

Problems with the game!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 8:24 AM (2 replies)
  • JO8N
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 9:30 AM

What has been the problem with the game over the last week or so. I have had it freeze up so many times I've lost count and then a window comes up and tells me there is a problem with the game and to try again later! Whats the deal?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 3:01 PM

Hi JO8N,

If you are experiencing a rash of unexpected errors it may be time to clear your cache.  Unexpected errors generally occur when the client and the server come up with mis-matching results.  This can be due to changes we make to some files that are stored in your cache.  This can also tend to happen in multiplayer if two players are playing with different versions of cached files.  We recommend you clear your caches when you see constant prolonged loading between holes, repeat unexpected errors and after any announced product update (updates are always posted in the News).

After you clear your caches be aware that it will automatically reset your in game options.  If you have any preferences for flagstick animations, overall graphics quality or reflections then you'll want to reset those before you tee it up again.

• mvinas
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 8:24 AM

Hey guys,

I, too, was having the same problem and was ready to quit playing WGT. But this solution worked for me and I had my best round to date. Thanks for making the game enjoyable for me again.

Regards,

MVA

RSS