Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:03 PM (4 replies)
  • Greggo123
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 8:53 PM

What is required to become a master?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 9:26 PM

Great skill, patience, a good sense of putting, course knowledge, the ability to persevere.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:16 PM

there are two ways to become a master.(because of surgery to my left arm, i am able to use capitols, just saying)

1. play only  the easy courses and cherry pick your scores. consistently hitting around  4 or 5 under should do the trick. well done your now a master, its the happiest day of your life....wrong. it turns out its one of the worst.  what once was a source of excitment and pleasure will become annoying, frustrating and like many before you, you'll wish you had stayed at the pro level a month or two longer ( i know i did). having said that you may take to it like fish to water, but i doubt it.

2. play all the courses and don't cherry pick your scores, this way the transformation from pro to master won't be so traumatic.  in essence if you want to keep enjoying the game as you are at the moment you should consider the second of the two choicers, but if you just want to become a master then go ahead and pick number one.

you have been warned,.......... good luck . 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:19 PM

edit... i am not able to use capitols.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:03 PM

Greggo123:
    What is required to become a master?

An average below 65. Make sure your ready though, once you make Master, there's no turning back. Enjoy the pro tier while you can, and gain all the experience you can.

Good luck.  : )

RSS