Does anyone know when your tier

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 4 2010 10:39 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SouthernComfort2
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 3:57 PM

changes?I have a 69.66 avg

I have seen amateurs that have a 72 avg --when I got to 72 I was on the pro tier. Confused about the criteria that upgrades you to the next tier. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:14 PM

Southern... here's the dirt on that.  When you reach the next higher tier it can be so difficult that you slip backwards in average for awhile until you adapt.  Just ask Atlanta Coaster, Sweetie Pie.. and many others.

• SouthernComfort2
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:03 PM

I understand--but when does the Master Tier begin? What average? I saw some guys in the middle 60s and still are considered Pro tier.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:25 PM

That information is not released by WGT.

If it were, many 'pros' would be riding the line as sandbaggers.

Just play your best and record every round.  when your game is ready for you to be a Master, you will be a Master... otherwise you'll be just like the other thousand people coming on the forums and whining about going back to pro.

=)

• SouthernComfort2
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:36 PM

I could care less if i am a master or hack--i love playing WGT. Its a game--yall remember that please.

I think WGT should post what it takes to be on the Master Tier and and what it takes  to stay there/

--I sure hope it doesnt have to do with buying credits--if so --that would suck

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:09 PM

SComfort... Master tier is around 66... but do not be in a hurry to get there.  Learn the game first.  If you get there before the golf gods deign you should be there you will suffer... believe me in this.  Report back when you are Master and let me know...

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:29 PM

SouthernComfort2:

I could care less if i am a master or hack--i love playing WGT. Its a game--yall remember that please.

I think WGT should post what it takes to be on the Master Tier and and what it takes  to stay there/

--I sure hope it doesnt have to do with buying credits--if so --that would suck

Always glad to hear another one loves playing this as much as me.

In my opinion it would not be in either WGT or the community's interest to post what it takes to become a master.  This would allow a "select few", to munipulate score data and stay pros to soley benefit themselves. 

Once you are a master there is no going back SouthernComofort!

Credits have nothing to do with it.   

Cheers

• SouthernComfort2
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 6:52 AM

i SURE will report back to you oh great one Doublemooche

My world shall revolve around getting you that info....

• SouthernComfort2
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 6:56 AM

Oh I understand how some can manipulate by becoming Masters then play poorly to be placed back on Pro tier? and use Masters' Golf Club in Pro matches--that would be unfair

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 10:35 AM

Southern Comfort... I wasn't suggesting that you report back to me.  That would be pretencious.  I'm thinking you might like to let the broader WGT community know of your Master experience.  Many, many have come on here to say they wish they hadn't turned Master, because of the difficulty of the tier.

And regarding your last post:  The doors between the tiers are one-way doors.  There is no going back.  So a Master keeps his/her clubs and continues to play from the back tees.

• PAGES
RSS