Forums

Help › Forums

Sky Caddy Camera Views

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 3 2010 10:49 AM (7 replies)
  • Shephard
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:17 PM

I have been on this site very consistently for over a year now. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and new found friends. I have also spent a reasonable amount of money here.

WGT has done very well with their efforts to provide great courses and challenging experiences! WGT has added great features so there are more “life like” looks and feels.

Now it looks like WGT is going backwards. You got your players use to the “looks and feels” of the courses and then take them away. A dumb move on WGT’s part.

It helps pass the time when waiting for other players to hit their ball to look at the different views and consider your next move, think about your next shot, etc.

It is very helpful to see reverse views of greens to think about “strategies” and see wind effects from different views. Why doesn’t WGT take away the hole information too? It would accomplish the same thing. That is, taking away good information from the player.

I think WGT should be very careful about the way they manipulate their software. Spend the time coming up with more great courses, instead of too much “fine tuning.”

There will come the day when someone just as smart, or smarter, than the WGT folks come out with a really competeive site!

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:51 PM

I haven't noticed anything missing, but Option settings will change without me doing anything.  

Joey

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 4:06 PM

Hi Shephard

The ability to use the SkyCams during your opponent's shot will soon be restored.  It was removed accidentally.  Sorry for the inconvenience there.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:30 PM

Shephard:

I think WGT should be very careful about the way they manipulate their software. Spend the time coming up with more great courses, instead of too much “fine tuning.”

There will come the day when someone just as smart, or smarter, than the WGT folks come out with a really competeive site!

Well said. CSC

• ALByrd60
    224 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:56 PM

now the extra cams cover the arrow in the fairway to the point that you cant move the arrow..

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:53 PM

ALByrd60:

now the extra cams cover the arrow in the fairway to the point that you cant move the arrow..

AlByrd, you can move the aiming box from the main screen with a click-drag...  put it off to the side a bit, then move it on the overhead map if you need.

Peace.

• Shephard
    32 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:26 AM

Thank you for the response! We look forward to the cameras being restored when opponents are up. I do hope you are also fixing the many missing reverse cameras, that were probably accidently removed, on some of the courses, such as St. Andrews.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 10:49 AM

Shephard,

Correct, that issue is being addressed as well.

RSS