Help › Forums

Country Club Tournaments: AS AN OWNER.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:20 AM (4 replies)
  • TinPotRay
    22 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 5:35 AM

I own a CC.

I was surprised to find that ANY MEMBER can host a club tournament. (I think this is fine for FREE tournaments, but only the owner should be able to start entry fee tourneys)

i.e. I think it might be better for the owner to select which members can start tourneys and have the option to say "only the club owner can start 'for trophy/credit' tourneys."

Also, an option to name the trophy's would be good. i.e. I own the All Ireland Country Club, so I'd like to be able to name one of the trophy's "The All Ireland Club Championship" or whatever.

As the owner I'd also like to have control over when that trophy is played for and how much the entry fee is etc.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:17 AM

I'm curious .. if you own the club .. why don't you just tell your members (whom I assume you either know or will get to know) what the club rules are ... that only you host tournaments.   If someone breaks your rules .. then kick them out of your club.    You can implement this today without having to wait for WGT to recode the program.    Just a suggestion.

• TinPotRay
    22 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:39 AM

Of course, but surely having owner options of the kind i've described above is easier for everyone.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:24 AM

I hear you but .. really don't understand .. as club owner you have total control over who is in your club.   Just make the rules, post a note in your CC forum and go with it ... I really don't see how making those changes helps anything .. except you can name your trophy .. big deal.   Sorry just my opinion.   Peace .. have fun with your tourneys.

• ZFLOGGER
    69 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:20 AM

Who could possibly want to have a ego maniac like you in charge of a club. The word club means join together and enjoy each others ideas, game style, etc.

I suggest you look up  Totalitarianism  read it carefully then look at yourself honestly.

Then maybe you can learn to play with others, and enjoy life as well.

Just a suggestion, sorry if it offends you.

RSS