Forums

Help › Forums

Canada Day

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:25 AM (8 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:49 PM

Tomorrow is 'Canada Day' up here in the 'Great White North'. So to all my fellow 'hosers'

Happy Canada Day

.....and for a bonus bit of Canadiana......

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:51 PM

What a great movie.  Nothing like a Scarborough Suitcase to ease the day, eh? :P

Happy Canada Day!  =)

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 2:10 PM

Great clip. What ever happened to those two hosers?

I bet they can drink beer and say Straight of Juan DeFucka without screwing it up..True Canadians eh?

Happy Canada day.

We couldn't have better neighbors.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 2:19 PM

Danohi... you sound like someone who lives in the Pacific Northwest and maybe has visited Orcas Island, Friday Harbor or the nunnery on Shaw Island.  And you know, the official term is now the "Salish Sea".

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:19 PM

Soulcatcher:

.....and for a bonus bit of Canadiana......

Are you friendly?

No way, eh!

I love it, I haven't seen that since I was little. Happy Canada Day!

I get the pleasure of working... :-(

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:46 PM

Canadian Holiday Celebrated In Traditional Winter Style

canada day, canada, canadian, canada day celebration, canadian holiday, canada birthday, canada day long weekend
    Canadians celebrate Canada Day with warm tradition.
    CANADA CITY-- It's July 1st, and once again Canadians are enjoying the long weekend in celebration of Canada Day, the national holiday recognizing the anniversary of Canada's existence.

While most of the nation is still covered in snow and ice, Canadians use this to their advantage, as there is limited need for coolers, ice packs, and other primitive refrigeration for beveraging chilling purposes. Canadians can simply stick their cans of Molson Canadian in the nearest patch of snow.

In downtown Canada City, citizens will be participating in traditional festivities, including ice sculpting, snow castle building, and three-legged dogsled racing. Delicious flavoured snow-cones, icicles, and other frozen treats will be consumed, with the usual uncomfortable, yet tolerable ice-cream headaches to follow.

From Victoria to Iqaluit, Canadian kids will be painting their faces with red maple leafs (although blue in Toronto), except in those cities like Victoria and Iqaluit, where the fierce winter winds will force the kids to keep wearing their balaclavas, ski masks, and face parkas.

Canadians love their alcoholic spirits, although many don't really believe in ghosts. All Canada Day weekend long, many adults will be drinking the "nectar of the gods", although most will prefer to simply drink beer or other alcoholic beverages.

In the evening, Canadians would love to watch fireworks, but they're difficult to handle wearing gloves and mittens. Although in the far North, Northwest and Yukon Territories residents will enjoy their own natural fireworks, the Aurora Borealis, which is Greek for "nice lights, eh."

While global warming may affect these wonderful national traditions in the future, this year bundled Canadians will still be able to appreciate their festive celebrations in grand, warm Canadian style. Dressed in their finest summer sweaters and their snug summer toques, Canadians will party like there's no tomorrow, except there will be, and it will be called July the 2nd.

Happy Birthday Canada!canada day, canada, canadian, canada day celebration, canadian holiday, canada birthday, canada day long weekend

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 5:50 PM

Nice Tommy.........I love it

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:03 AM

Was born and raised in Everett Mocha..left there in 1973 to move to warmer weather here in Pasco..best move ive ever made.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:25 AM

This is a goofy story, so I hope I don't speak in circles. My parents came to visit last month. They brought me some good Canadian stuff when they came. So, my cupboards have a few good treats in them.

Well, I was playing golf on here yesterday evening. The neighbor kids rang the doorbell and wanted to come in and play with my dog, so I let them in and went back to finish my game. So I finished up, and then went to see how much havoc they were or had caused. I always give them a treat if they come visit, and last night was no exception. Guess what they got?

DAD'S COOKIES

Yep, that's right, Dad's "freakin" Cookies. They now know the joy of Goodie Rings and those chocolate covered oatmeal ones. I even had to break down and have a couple.

When I was running this morning, I started thinking about it, and that was kind of like my own little Canada Day celebration. I know, kinda lame. Small things amuse small minds, I suppose.

Have a great day, eh!

RSS