Forums

Help › Forums

UnHeard of-something to think about

Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:42 AM (3 replies)
  • BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 7:40 PM

As you may or may not know, there are individuals who are young ,wanting to and playing this game at this time.I do not wish to enroll youngsters younger than 16 yrs of age...but they may remain on my friends list if allowable till such a time they are old enough & there should be a consenting adult in theyr'e interest, of that youngsters family vouching for them.

Okay, say this was to happen, Why not let them have a junior  members club(clubs)set aside for them,(maybe junior golf clubs) -in the understanding they must obey rules and conduct themselves in a honorable, and respectable manner, otherwise the club would have a choice of barring them, if the infraction warranted it , or say a combination of infractions.I know gaming starts young, with most every child now.They have skills many of us would envy.They are learning, & this virtual world, would help them learn what gamanship is all about.On being cast out or barred, they would lose all WGT priviledges for 1year or longer, maybe less, depending on the matter.Its something to think about, for I have had honest children tell me they are not yet 16, thats more honesty than I care to describe right now.I'm offering this up for a fact, keeping them from joining my club does not make me feel proud.

They are coming and playing and paying, let them do it the right way.I'm for the possible start of a junior league.

cowboyBigArnL ECGA Presidet & Owner & Advisor

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 5:25 AM

Hi BigArnL,

Let me first say that I do not disagree with your opinion.... but.... this topic has been broached a number of time in the past in these forums, mainly when an upstanding young individual divulged his actual age to WGT officials and was subsequently banned from the site due to age violations.  There is a clear line that WGT must hold due to the nature of the product that they are developing.  In order for us (the main player base) to be allowed to win prizes, wager on matches, enter ready-gos etc....  They must strictly enforce 'skilled gaming' laws that prohibit the participation of minors in most (if not all) jurisdictions.  So, while it is unfortunate that the younguns can't play, it is necessary to restrict the age to bring us this great game in it's current state.

Feel free to read over these threads, and see many others opinions on the matter.

Lee

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:11 AM
    Thanks AvatarLee, I will look at the threads,and make the adjustments needed.
  • BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:42 AM

After reading a couple pages on the matter, I wrote to each member on my list..I recently went to bat for underage players and found they are not allowed to play WGT if under 18.So if you know or you yourself are under the age requirement I must ask you to remove yourself from my friends list, for I cannot supercede the authority of WGT rules.

*my deepest sympathy and respect BigArnL-this note will be sent to all on my friends list,thank you for understanding.

RSS