Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven lie tutorial

Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:24 AM (120 replies)
  • rwiggim
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:28 PM

Where is the lie box you guys speak of? I know where the lie (fairway,bunker,fescue) is and know what the percentages mean but as far as the colors you guys are talking about I can't seem to find/understand where/what you mean. Is it possible that they aren't present with starter sets?

Thanks darren

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:49 PM

I had my first go - by mistake - in a UL RG today.

Mmmmmm......

I'm not so concerned about the slope of the lie (in real life), just where the ball is in relation to my feet.  Rather than dots, it should be like an elevation.  More below your feet, more right.  Above, more left.

But what totally threw me was uphill lies.  I had a 135 yard shot with a tail wind and nn uphill fairway lie.  Nailed an 8i (145y) and it went...............103 yards.  I can say after 30 years of playing A grade golf that I've NEVER seen anything close to a fairway lie that'd do that!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:04 PM

rwiggim:

Where is the lie box you guys speak of? I know where the lie (fairway,bunker,fescue) is and know what the percentages mean but as far as the colors you guys are talking about I can't seem to find/understand where/what you mean. Is it possible that they aren't present with starter sets?

Thanks darren

If you playing a game that is set-up for U/Lies the colored box is where your feet is on the Ground.

-Roger

• MartyBerro
    110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2013 2:55 PM

many thank to be that active. Uneven lies needed an explanation

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:40 PM

Ecka65:

I had my first go - by mistake - in a UL RG today.

Mmmmmm......

I'm not so concerned about the slope of the lie (in real life), just where the ball is in relation to my feet.  Rather than dots, it should be like an elevation.  More below your feet, more right.  Above, more left.

But what totally threw me was uphill lies.  I had a 135 yard shot with a tail wind and nn uphill fairway lie.  Nailed an 8i (145y) and it went...............103 yards.  I can say after 30 years of playing A grade golf that I've NEVER seen anything close to a fairway lie that'd do that!

^^^^ This - UL are just way too exaggerated. 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:56 AM

Spammage:

^^^^ This - UL are just way too exaggerated. 

The short game needs to be adjusted indeed, but for the rest it is a challenge although not all players like it. Hope again, WGT comes with the draw-fade feature moving the ball dot left or right.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:15 AM

rwiggim:
    Where is the lie box you guys speak of?
    This:

There's another around the "lie" ball down right, and this shows more details of elevations, e.g. in rough or bunkers. Colours change to yellow, orange and red when the situation becomes nastier. I've seen my wedge play 10% of it's nominal length, i.e. 70 yds for 8.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:41 AM

i have a question wat is the best club to use wen in thick fescue or 30 40 lie 40 50 n higher? in rough sand..fescue i always get confused plz help .. and also is there a speacial club i should get for nasty rough or fescue or do i have 1? ty...hope i get some responces

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:47 AM

A short&rough guide:

30+ bunker: only wedges. For high %%: punch.

40-50 rough: punch up to hybrid, try top spin, runs for miles. Be sure to land on short stuff.

60+ rough/fescue/weeds: wedge punch, hit, pray and hope.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:57 AM

so always punch wen 30 or higher no matter wat?

alosso:

A short&rough guide:

30+ bunker: only wedges. For high %%: punch.

40-50 rough: punch up to hybrid, try top spin, runs for miles. Be sure to land on short stuff.

60+ rough/fescue/weeds: wedge punch, hit, pray and hope.

RSS