Help › Forums

Why is pro pro?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:42 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:47 AM

I think Rowan is improperly connecting the word Pro with Professional golfer.  Its just a tier with a score range.  And what questions are not being answered, you are asking a question that has been answered by WGT and others multiple times.  You scored high enough multiple times to move your average into the PRO tier.  Thats the answer.  You cannot move backwards and not everyone can be in the TOP 10.  If you work, work being the key word, you will get better and maybe be in the Top 10 of Pro's.  But the second that happens, you will become Master.  And then you will post:

WHY IS MASTER MASTER

Every new tier brings its challenges.  This isn't TWO where every shoots -32 a round.  Either you accept those challenges, or you just get extremely frustrated by them. 

And its not ALL about money, but WGT needs to make some money and couple of bucks can go a long way for a player.  Or do what Sweetie Pie did and work your way for better clubs, it can be done.

• corace
    276 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:43 PM

I would like to see more ready to go games that have pro's verses pro's, or hacks verses hacks.  Masters normally always win, hell I shot a good score and then see master's have taken up the first 30 and I get nothing. Real golf has handicaps, I would never play Tom Watson straighjt up. I work and don't get to play all day long. One mishit and I'm out of the picture. I might as well same my credits.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:34 PM

I saved up enough credits as a pro in ready go's to buy all my master clubs once I turned master.  It can be done.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:00 PM

What if WGT changed the name of the pro tier to something like, oh, I don't know...thickheads, maybe?

just ponderin'

d.

(not a generalization)

• rowan76
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:50 AM

Have to admit am coming round to that way of thinking. Top post SweetiePie.

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:31 AM

Ive spent 50$ on clubs since I started and am not looking forward to being bumped to master where Ill have to put out for yet another set of clubs in order to be able to reach the greens

it IS a model designed to make money for WGT.. not players

you get moved back to the farther tee and you CANT reach or score competitively without spending..

go ahead and use a set of V2s from master tees and let me know how that works out for anyone who doesnt agree

I wish i had though it out a bit more before I started spending my hard earned money on a game that will no longer be FUN to play

and after all (as a player) isnt that what its REALLY about ?? the FUN of playing a game you ENJOY...

as the people who run this.. yea its about $$ but dont go saying its about $$ for players.. because the pittance that is awarded for tiers and wins is worthless in the pro shop at the master level..

Casual gamers cant and wont hang in with this model.. who wants to play a game that isnt fun?

• RockyRhodes
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:42 AM

I found that the only club I had to update from pro to master was the driver. My ping pro plus irons work just fine in the master tier.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 11:41 AM

It is a model designed for progression in play.  Like everything else, it depends on what you are looking for in the game.  If you are lucky to live in a state or country that allows you to enter premium tourneys, MP challenges or Ready Go's and are competitive, you should be able earn enough credits now to fund the purchase of a master driver (when you make master) then earn enough credits to purchase the other clubs.  For all the people that have complaints (some minor) you fail to realize the ability to earn credits.  WGT does not require purchasing of clubs, its an option. 

Rampant, Master tier is better competition then PRO tier, to me that is much more FUN then trying to uncover the "Dont want to be Master" Pros who start off with the excuse you gave in your first paragraph. 

• PAGES
RSS