Help › Forums

Load Manager Error...load timeout

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 24 2010 4:19 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 1:50 PM

Please double check that your Global Storage Settings are allowing 3rd party components and are storing common components.  The slider on that tab should be set to 100KB (or 1MB) as well.

After that please check your Website Storage Settings and find media5.wgt.com in the list.  Click it once to highlight and verify that the slider matches the 100KB (or 1MB) setting from the other page.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 2:24 PM

Niv,  Checked the settings...were both at 100KB and 3rd party content is checked.  I moved them both to 1MB.

FYI. prior to seeing your last post;  I was able to finish a 9 at SA front with a minimum of LEM's.  Still had a few but can live with that.  I am not a believer in spontaneous transformation so will try a couple more courses to see what happens.  Another thing, when I checked no to the retry question, it went back to the frozen screen and just stayed there...waited about 15 minutes and nothing happened.  I closed and reopened the window and was able to resume my game?

I'll let you know how my other course trials work....

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 3:18 PM

I reported this before and would like to again here.

Since the last update when ever I start the game client or a game after about a minute or maybe two, I get a timeout error.  This happens when I am connected to the client only AND it only happens once.   When it asks me if I want to re-connect I always say yes and luckily it always works. 

Never ever happened to me before the update and of course I cleared both caches first thing after Oak.  I am on XP and FF if that helps.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:57 PM

Wish mine worked like that jj...I have the delay you describe followed by multiple LME messages.  So far, after trying all the things listed above, I've been able to play one reasonable 9 hole round, using Firefox/Vista.  When I tried Explorer, I could not get past the white startup screen.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:04 PM

Just a shot in the dark but when was the last time you ran the 'disk clean up' utility? Same with your anti-virus.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 5:41 PM

Ran disk clean a few months ago and then again after this started happening.  Have an active virus scan but did a special when this started happening as well...glad you asked Soulcatcher...tells me at least I've been trying the right things...Thanks! 

• Script
    621 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:57 AM

Was able to play a punishing 18 at Oakmont (couldn't buy a putt...) with only one Load Manager Error!  Used Firefox...still not good with Explorer.  After I've played every course I'll quit reporting.  But it sure would be nice to know how my LME problem cured itself(if it has...)?

• Script
    621 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 6:44 AM

After four LME messages before the first tee,  only had two more during 18 holes at SA.  Both this round and the Oakmont round were in the Tourney Qualifier mode.  Keeping my fingers crossed....(maybe that's why my putting is so bad...)

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 4:19 AM

These load errors started affecting me about a week ago. The past 72 hours its been PAINFUL. Every shot takes 60-120 to load. Been playing for over a year and never had these issues. No change to system or software, just started happening on its own.

• PAGES
RSS