First 300 yard drive in Real Life

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:55 PM (26 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 6:30 AM

marioh:
    I had an ace yesterday in RL !

An ace is an ace, marioh. It could have been a par three at a championship course! Heh-add 16 drives to your 55 (assuming 2-par 3s) and you're a scratch golfer!  Nice.   :-D

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 8:41 AM

marioh:

I had an ace yesterday in RL !

Granted, it was at a PNP course, but I did shoot a 1 over par 55 which is a fantastic round, especially when coupled with the ace on the 18th hole.   :)

Who cares if it is on a pnp or as we call it here a par 3 course. I sure didn't when I got my only ace a little over 2 years ago. But even with my ace and 2 birdies I still only managed a + 5 59. Just like here in real life I seem to play yo-yo golf. 

I hope you put your ball in a special place. Mine is in a golf ball display case where it will stay reminding me of one great shot.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 9:52 AM

YankeeJim:

An ace is an ace, marioh. It could have been a par three at a championship course! Heh-add 16 drives to your 55 (assuming 2-par 3s) and you're a scratch golfer!  Nice.   :-D

LOL !

Unlike the TS, I have never, ever, hit a drive 300 yards unto the fairway (I may have hit a 300 yarder or two over the fence, off a car, and through someone's window though !).

So congrats to the TS on the drive.   I have to limit myself to teeing off with the 3 wood because the driver goes far......off to the right, lol.

borntobesting:

Who cares if it is on a pnp or as we call it here a par 3 course. I sure didn't when I got my only ace a little over 2 years ago. But even with my ace and 2 birdies I still only managed a + 5 59. Just like here in real life I seem to play yo-yo golf. 

I hope you put your ball in a special place. Mine is in a golf ball display case where it will stay reminding me of one great shot.

Nah, no display case for me.   It's actually my fourth at a PNP course (none on the regular ones though), but first one in over a decade.   Hell, I didn't even keep score (my friend did), so I don't even have the scorecard of the round.

Funny thing that day is me and my friend got paired up with a couple of other guys.   One of the guys was alternating hitting lefty and then righty (for his tee shots).   It was an amazing thing to see and something I had never seen before.   His tee shots were decent on occasion, but he did make good contact from both sides of the tee box.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 10:52 AM

YankeeJim:

LOL-Great big difference there, CP. Now 300 IRL is something to talk about! On your RL driver, have you been using it long and did it make a difference right away over whatever you had?

I'm peeping drivers and want to get a new one but I absolutely detest these drivers that look like a footlocker at the end of a stick. I prefer a small head as I like to tee the ball low and I doubt I'll see the 300+ days again. 

Anyone feel free to advise here. Tx.

I had been trying it for a few weeks on the driving range before I bought it but I had only had it for a day when I made that 320 yard drive.

I noticed the difference the first time I used the demo club; it was going straighter and further so it was a no brainer really. I am afraid it is a largish head but it is very pretty and you cant have everything lol!

I would heartily recommend the Superfast Burner to you but go to a range and ask to try one before you buy.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:28 PM

ComplexP:
    My in-game driver is the Supertri but my real life driver that I just got is the Superfast Burner and it is beautiful.

Hey Complex  I recently purchased a full set of ping i15's and i too have found the 300+ yard range, and consistently as well. On my home coarse, i feel some low scores in the near future if i can just choose a good putter i like from the 150 or so to choose from at my local golf shop.

Good Luck & Hit Em 350 lol CSC

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 3:25 PM

Had a friend who hit it just left and a little long on the ninth hole the other day when we were playing together in a real golf round.  The hole measures 440, slightly downhill from where we played it.  I think hitting the cart path on the right side of the fairway on a slight downslode helped but hey I gave him credit for a 450 yard drive.  By the way he didn't get up and down for birdie   lol

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 11:48 PM

chipshotcharlie:

ComplexP:
    My in-game driver is the Supertri but my real life driver that I just got is the Superfast Burner and it is beautiful.

Hey Complex  I recently purchased a full set of ping i15's and i too have found the 300+ yard range, and consistently as well. On my home coarse, i feel some low scores in the near future if i can just choose a good putter i like from the 150 or so to choose from at my local golf shop.

Good Luck & Hit Em 350 lol CSC

A full set of 115's? Very nice! I think I'll need to save my pennies a bit more before buying a full set like that.

350 is the next target!

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:38 PM

Regarding aces in real life.  I don't believe that an ace at an executive or a par 3 course can really be considered as an ace.  I have played a few par 3 courses in which the holes ranged from 50 to 90 yards, I have also played a few where the holes were longer but that is the problem, there is no defined length at those courses.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:18 PM

TarheelsRule:

Regarding aces in real life.  I don't believe that an ace at an executive or a par 3 course can really be considered as an ace.  I have played a few par 3 courses in which the holes ranged from 50 to 90 yards, I have also played a few where the holes were longer but that is the problem, there is no defined length at those courses.

The course I played on was of the 50-90 yard variety, and even though that was my first pnp ace in a long time, I was more satisified with the 1 over than the ace.   Wasn't my best round at that pnp course, but I doubt I'll ever match my best round there (don't play enough nowadays).

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:18 PM

I live just above a beautiful executive course known as Vista Valencia and although it has 11 par threes, only one is slightly under 100 yrds. There are several others in the 200+ range, but most in the 135-185 spectrum. If I ever make a ace there, I intend to count it and brag about it. Can't believe it hasn't ever happened...only played the course about a million times...I have never made a hole in one anywhere...I don't get.

RSS