Forums

Help › Forums

First 300 yard drive in Real Life

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:55 PM (26 replies)
  • ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 11:35 AM

I just invested in a new driver and the first round out one drive I caught finished up at over 320 yards on the fairway! It caught a bit of a down slope and rolled about 50 yards but I don't care about that.

I can say I'm officially a member of the 300 yard club, and if it doesn't exist we should start it!

I am so happy!

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 11:52 AM

Nice drive Complex , but they get better.  Maybe a  400 yard club would be better suited.

"Ace"

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:15 PM

Good point but I think there is room for both.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:22 PM

Please don't think I was trying to be negative , you crushed it , just saying i think you'll out-do your self very soon. Tri-Master is a monster.                                                                                                                                                                                                         "Ace"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:27 PM

TheAceFactor:
    Tri-Master is a monster.  

Without question. Had a round recently  at SA where the average drive was 313!! Average!!!

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:32 PM

It's definately the first step into a wider world. I'm sure, given a few more months, that 300 yards will become fairly common and I can start pushing up the average.

Of course, 300 yard drives mean squat if you cant putt so I'm still spending a lot of time on the greens.

BTW, what is 'Tri-Master'?

Also, if anyone is interested, it was the Superfast Burner 2010 driver that I just got.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:50 PM

ComplexP:
    BTW, what is 'Tri-Master'?

ComplexP:
    the Superfast Burner 2010 driver that I just got.

sorry for the buzz kill

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 11:39 PM

Ah, I think I see whats going on here.

You are both talking about in-game drives and the Tri-Master is the Supertri R9? No, I meant I managed to reach 320 yards in a real life game of golf yesterday. Indeed 300 yards in game isnt that special.

I have altered the title from RL to Real Life since it is obviously not clear enough.

My in-game driver is the Supertri but my real life driver that I just got is the Superfast Burner and it is beautiful.

LoL I wondered why the conversation seemed to be getting more and more confusing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 5:12 AM

LOL-Great big difference there, CP. Now 300 IRL is something to talk about! On your RL driver, have you been using it long and did it make a difference right away over whatever you had?

I'm peeping drivers and want to get a new one but I absolutely detest these drivers that look like a footlocker at the end of a stick. I prefer a small head as I like to tee the ball low and I doubt I'll see the 300+ days again. 

Anyone feel free to advise here. Tx.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 5:55 AM

I had an ace yesterday in RL !

Granted, it was at a PNP course, but I did shoot a 1 over par 55 which is a fantastic round, especially when coupled with the ace on the 18th hole.   :)

RSS