Help › Forums

Kiawah Island - Stroke play/Ranked/Back 9

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:10 PM (6 replies)
  • CaymanS
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 12:14 PM

Sunday; March 29, appr. 8:54PM (GMT+1)

After finishing this course, I can see no history of this anywhere. I scored 36 and recieved a "2 Birdies in a row" award. The award is nowhere to be seen, the stats still say my best round is 39 and my stats say I haven't played any games today at all. I can't remember the last time my Hack changed at all...

I have one save from that course today as "proof" I was there.

BTW: Is it possible to remove the flagpole in any way (I've hit it on several occasions making me miss the shot)?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 10:48 AM

Hi Cayman, thanks for the report, we'll look into this.

• Macchug
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:44 PM

Anyone have a problem chipping from the fringe on the 18th hole @ Kiawah? I've noticed it each time I get there. For example, when I need an 11 yard chip to the hole, approx. 11 yards on the scale gets me about 6 yards. If I'm lucky, I'll clear the fringe. But typically, I'll double bogey the 18th if I don't hit the green on my 2nd shot.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 2:02 PM

Macchug:

Anyone have a problem chipping from the fringe on the 18th hole @ Kiawah? I've noticed it each time I get there. For example, when I need an 11 yard chip to the hole, approx. 11 yards on the scale gets me about 6 yards. If I'm lucky, I'll clear the fringe. But typically, I'll double bogey the 18th if I don't hit the green on my 2nd shot.

Learn and love the pitch shot.

OR 

Check the "Chip and Pitch Tips" in the FAQ.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 2:06 PM

CaymanS:
    BTW: Is it possible to remove the flagpole in any way (I've hit it on several occasions making me miss the shot)?

Up in the top right corner of your game screen-the little flag icon next to the hole #-click on it.

@macchug-12 yds on which scale?  If you chip less than 75% power you're asking for trouble on a chip shot. For instance, 1/2 swing on club rated to go 24 yds will not go 12-it'll probably chunk.

• Macchug
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:34 PM

Thanks for the tip. I try to remember that. Although, I must say, I don't seem to be that far off when I'm chipping from the light rough or fringe on other holes. Just 18. But I'll try to be mindful of setting up a 75% chip when I'm there.

• jenniferjohnson3
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:10 PM

I've had the same problem. I'll move maybe a yard if at best I'll get a bogey!

RSS