Forums

Help › Forums

True WGT fan, real moral issue

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 28 2010 5:03 AM (4 replies)
  • Leethal
    13 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 9:38 PM

Let me begin by stating that I love this game.

LOVE IT. 

Check my stats.  I'm a player.  I put in the hours.

Because it's a great, challenging game and it's very well done.

Thank you, WGT.

That being said, allow me to express my opinion on some "upgrades" you've been making.

Most recently, the in-game advertising for the pro shop, and the "credits" link.

Now like I said: I am a fan of the game.  I buy credits and I think you guys deserve to get well compensated for your work.

I also think you also have an ethical obligation to your fans. 

For instance: when are we going to see a "concede hole" option in Match play?

This is a very important feature.  It is a rule of the game.  I believe you have dollars in mind when you put something so important on the back burner. 

If players can't concede the hole, they are forced to hit the ball a few more times.  This wears the balls down faster, so the player will have to buy more often.

Now, in a business sense, it, well...makes sense.

BUT I am concerned you are on a slippery slope.  Please keep the spirit of the game alive when prioritizing your "primary action items".

I am a true fan.  I love the game.

And speaking for all the true fans.

For the love of the game.  Don't factorize us completely.  Keep us your bottom line.

And we'll keep your bottom line up.

Cheers.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 9:53 PM

In probably 95% (or more) of the cases where one would concede a hole, the opponent is on the green, too.  And if this is the case there is no wear and tear on WGT balls when being putted.

But I like that you are one to stand up for ethics.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 9:56 PM

Leethal:

For instance: when are we going to see a "concede hole" option in Match play?

It's on the Player Suggestion List, but I'm afraid that's as close as it looks... I'd love to see it though.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 10:25 PM

Lee thanks for that well written post! Constructive critics here are rare. You made a great point and did it without offending anyone.. kudos

1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 5:03 AM

There's that Lee name again!  Good post man!

RSS