Forums

Help › Forums

Scheduled Maintenance - What a Balls-up!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 28 2010 12:16 PM (21 replies)
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:53 AM

hey everyone, just a little heads up here there is going to be a butt  load of new people flooding to "our site" wgt just had to dumb down the game i.e. clubs specs & perf. of all shots on screen. no big deal and won't change gameplay. please welcome all of our new buddies with all the warmth we have all shown in the past. if that does'nt work then just try to be nice. crystal ball says oakmont by the weekend. thx JB

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 4:23 PM

lilrob88:

concede hole button would have been nice

*sigh*

Not even on the roadmap :(

Be nice to get some 3 spin GI balls. To much feeling not enough spin :)

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 9:09 PM

Chipsalot:

Normally maintenance doesn't bother me but tonight (Australian Central Standard Time) was a complete and absolute Balls-up.

Starting a game on the back 9 of Kiawah with two other people... this is what happened.

1.  The site kept insisting I and the other two players watched Video instruction. I finally managed to close that down.

2.  Everytime a selected a different club a damned pop up appeared telling me what the club could do.

3.  The players names and running scores vanished from the top of chat on the 12th hole.... never more to return for the rest of the game.

4.  The shot timer realising it had been left all on its own walked out in sympathy and never reappeared.

5.  All of my optional settings had been returned to default - having well over 100 friends... the 'Friend Alert' drove me crazy all through the game.

So dear friends you can imagine I'm not that happy with the latest bout of maintenance.

... and while I'm on the subject of not being happy.

When I started to play the game the pin flags waved happily on the course. These days even the horrific winds at that God forsaken, treeless course at St Andrews defies all logic by not being able to stir a limp bit of material into a flutter.

Back to the drawing board WGT

:-))  Enjoy a great day.

Chips

Seems my original post was not a one off.

Just finished playing the back 9 at Kiawah again.

Once again The players names, running score and timer vanished on the 12th and took the rest of the game off.

:-)) I'm now beginning to suspect that the programmer(s) were doing some serious bottle lifting during the last bout of maintenance, lol.

Yes... I did clear my cache, all the spyware and everything else off my computer once again. I've got the cleanest computer in the Southern hemisphere.

I did send a report about the issue during the game.

Please find the bug and kill the bloody thing.

:)

Have a great day.

Chips

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 1:21 AM

Chipsalot:
    2.  Everytime a selected a different club a damned pop up appeared telling me what the club could do.
    A bit annoying also... would like to see an option to turn it off.

The tips were introduced for new players, especially those who may not have real life golf experience or those who do not know what each of the clubs or different shot types are most functional for. 

However, veteran players can easily turn both the club and shot type tips off.  Check the picture below.  Just click the arrow I've circled red in both sections to shrink away the tips.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 5:00 AM

Brilliant!! Thanks for "leading the blind" Niv. :-)

1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 5:31 AM

LOL... given another day I probably would have noticed the arrow... thanks for pointing it out!  +1 for Niv!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 5:36 AM

. given another day I probably would have noticed the arrow

Heh-It's arrows for you and scroll tabs for me!    ;-)

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 9:22 AM

WGTniv:

Chipsalot:
    A bit annoying also... would like to see an option to turn it off.

The tips were introduced for new players, especially those who may not have real life golf experience or those who do not know what each of the clubs or different shot types are most functional for. 

However, veteran players can easily turn both the club and shot type tips off.  Check the picture below.  Just click the arrow I've circled red in both sections to shrink away the tips.

Thanks Niv

But have you found the missing Names, Score and Timer yet?

:-))

Have a great day

Chips.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 9:46 AM

aceydeucey:

3.  The players names and running scores vanished from the top of chat on the 12th hole.... never more to return for the rest of the game.

This just happened to me on the 4th at Kiawah front 9.   What's up?

It's happened to me 2 or 3 times ; each time was right after someone disconnected.                                                                                                                                                                                                   "Ace"

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 10:19 AM

I hate to keep harping on the subject but.....

Kiawah 12th hole

Players names score and timer vanished again......

.... and why do  I have to keep resetting my game options?

Regards

Chips

RSS