Forums

Help › Forums

Scheduled Maintenance - What a Balls-up!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 28 2010 12:16 PM (21 replies)
  • Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 5:25 AM

Normally maintenance doesn't bother me but tonight (Australian Central Standard Time) was a complete and absolute Balls-up.

Starting a game on the back 9 of Kiawah with two other people... this is what happened.

1.  The site kept insisting I and the other two players watched Video instruction. I finally managed to close that down.

2.  Everytime a selected a different club a damned pop up appeared telling me what the club could do.

3.  The players names and running scores vanished from the top of chat on the 12th hole.... never more to return for the rest of the game.

4.  The shot timer realising it had been left all on its own walked out in sympathy and never reappeared.

5.  All of my optional settings had been returned to default - having well over 100 friends... the 'Friend Alert' drove me crazy all through the game.

So dear friends you can imagine I'm not that happy with the latest bout of maintenance.

... and while I'm on the subject of not being happy.

When I started to play the game the pin flags waved happily on the course. These days even the horrific winds at that God forsaken, treeless course at St Andrews defies all logic by not being able to stir a limp bit of material into a flutter.

Back to the drawing board WGT

:-))  Enjoy a great day.

Chips

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 5:47 AM

Oh well. Sometimes life's a beach. There is always online Scrabble.

..and it is a great day!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 5:51 AM

Funny,

No issues here. I know that I have to reset all my settings after I clear my caches after every update.

Happy hitting

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:02 AM

NormH3:
    There is always online Scrabble.

B   I   G                 N

U      O  A   K  M   O  N  T

M                                  H

M                             T    I    M   E

H   E  R  E                         S

R 

1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:39 AM

Chipsalot:
    1.  The site kept insisting I and the other two players watched Video instruction. I finally managed to close that down.
    Annoying, but it should go away after you post a round.
    Chipsalot:
    2.  Everytime a selected a different club a damned pop up appeared telling me what the club could do.
    A bit annoying also... would like to see an option to turn it off.
    Chipsalot:
    3.  The players names and running scores vanished from the top of chat on the 12th hole.... never more to return for the rest of the game.

4.  The shot timer realising it had been left all on its own walked out in sympathy and never reappeared.

Not sure what the deal is here... bug perhaps, did you clear your caches after the update (cliche, I know, but I had to ask)
    Chipsalot:
    5.  All of my optional settings had been returned to default - having well over 100 friends... the 'Friend Alert' drove me crazy all through the game.
    Hmmmm... usually happens when you clear your flash cache.... interesting.

As for the flags, there is an option to turn them back on, it was defaulted off on purpose to reduce most users meter lag when near or on the green.  The extra animation was known to cause some havoc.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:13 AM

For #1..You can turn that off.

As for the score and timer glitches. It sounds like Chip cleared his cache but his partners didn't. WGT updated that area last night so it could be causing the issues.

I played a multi and had none of these issues......If I know there was someone that had not cleared there cache I would try and reproduce it there.

Happy hitting

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:14 AM

This just happened to me on the 4th at Kiawah front 9.   What's up?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:33 AM

Anyone know why the swing medallion is yellow now, is there a significance for the colorization?

The Cr offers work good. I took the two quick surveys on page one, and got 230 Cr, instantaneously. Check them out.

I'm trying to figure out what the credits and the orange dot are doing by my name in the game window. It doesn't do anything when I click it.

Why is there a "I like this" button on the main page and my profile, is it linked to my Facebook page?

Well, there's still four days for WGT to update the game with Oakmont and the rest of the products releases. It's ok by me, they need to take the time to get it all right the first time.

Thanks WGT.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:42 AM

Nobody has mentioned the new driver yet........I like it.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 7:50 AM

concede hole button would have been nice

*sigh*

RSS