Forums

Help › Forums

Joining a country club

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 8 2015 8:25 AM (9 replies)
  • rooter69
    62 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:01 AM

I am new to this site, and hooked!!  I understand that as a new player,that it is is had to be accecpted with no experience, or credits. Is there a country club for nwbies?

Barry 

• h2g2
    691 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:36 PM

My club is welcoming new players, all we ask is you are active in the club tourneys. Plenty of help and advice available from our members

Football Supporters Club UK

if you are interested, drop me a line.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:48 PM

If making your game more enjoyable is what your looking for check out the post above that reads.  Check us out !

thanks

cbb

• KennyB37
    118 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:30 PM

definitely would be interested

let me know what more I need to do..

Kenny

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:57 PM

There are plenty of clubs available to newbies. Like h2g2 said, all we ask is that you're active in the CC tournaments. There are free tournaments as well as play for credit tournaments available, and it's to the member's discretion which ones they decide to play in. If you don't have the credits to enter the pay tourneys, you can simply play in the free ones.

You can take a look at the membership for each club, and if they're stacked with Tour Legends, Legends & the like, it's a safe bet you wouldn't be accepted. Find one you're interested in and submit a request - the worst that could happen is it's declined.

Kelsey

• 2eyedfeeney
    643 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:57 AM

Rooter, hover your mouse over the WGT community link at the top of the page. Scroll down to country clubs and click. In the country club search box, click on the "only show clubs looking for members box". Then click on search.

Browse thru these clubs and send off a request to join to the one you fancy. Look for a club that has a good mix of members at all levels. Then you can play with members equal to your level and also gain experience from playing with the higher level players

You can only be a member of one club at a time.

Just repeat the process until you get accepted. Be patient. It may be a day or three before you get a reply.

Hope this helps.

2i.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:01 AM

As Kelsey mentioned there are many available to lower tiers. What I might suggest is to first ask yourself what it is you want out of being in a CC. There are many that have great tournaments but when it comes to interactive play among many of the members they fall short. So it depends if your looking to mostly play tourneys by yourself or if you want both fun tourneys and a lot of active CC members to friend and have rounds with. For example, the CC I belong to has both with a web page containing a shout box that makes it easy to find friends to play some rounds with. We do have a fair amount of legends in our club and most everyone of them will play with any tier and have fun. So ask questions before you join and find out about the tourneys they offer and how members can interact to find and play rounds together. Then decide what is best for your needs.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 7:49 AM

Those who request entry should watch their wall for messages. Maybe the club owner has remarks or questions or...

I have an entry pending for 4 days now because the guy doesn't answer. I give him the weekend to answer...

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 8:42 AM

h2g2:

My club is welcoming new players, all we ask is you are active in the club tourneys. Plenty of help and advice available from our members

Football Supporters Club UK

if you are interested, drop me a line.

Yo GovY

RSS