Help › Forums

Finally, my moment has arrived

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2010 12:06 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:04 AM

After 386 ranked rounds, an embarrassing number of gambits to finance my new clubs and balls, several thousand variations of the same four cuss words, countless moments where I berated my computer screen with my middle finger, endless e-mails to my buddy sleezyd about the brutal missed birdies on Bethpage's Front 9, dozens of restarts because of screwed up wind and distance calibrations on BP #1, and nearly an entire year of climbing this frustrating and incorrigable (but absolutely tantalizing) mountain of a game, I've reached my Bah Mitzvah/Circumcision/Fraternity Intiation/Every-Other-Rite-of-Passage-Including-Those-Weird-Things-They-Do-In-Brazilian-Jungles--To-Welcome-Boys-Into-Manhood moment. 

That's right boys.  I'm in the 50s.  (Ain't no shame in a 59.97).

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:21 AM

Congratulations!  Happy Birthday!   And the word "circumcision" used in the same paragraph as "Bethpage Black front 9" is dead on.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:38 AM

Way to go! Good luck keeping it up there!

I had it for a while but then it went back up again. :( Love that video you posted!

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:35 PM

Congrats HoleitSucker....now it's time to start winning some tourneys.  That's a pretty ugly trophy case you have for a sub 60s shooter.

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 5:17 PM

You know you've moved up a notch when the legends are running smack on your weak trophy case.  I've got some crystal in there....old crystal, but crystal. Thanks for the kick in the ***!

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:39 PM

HoleItSucker:
    You know you've moved up a notch when the legends are running smack on your weak trophy case.  I've got some crystal in there....old crystal, but crystal. Thanks for the kick in the ***!

Just ribbing ya a bit brother....welcome to the being called a cheater club now.

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:28 AM

No worries js.  I appreciate it.  I'm so concerned with protecting my sparkling "59" that I'm horrified at the thought of finishing a 9-hole tourney at -4 and watching my averge tip 60 again.  It's like I bought a Bentley and now I'm too afraid to take it out on the road because I don't want to nick it.

The struggles one faces these days in WGT....how will I manage?!

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:33 AM

....and it's funny that you mention cheating.  When i was schlepping -2s on BP's front 9, I'd look at the greats and think, "How the heck are they doing it?"  Now that my score is lower than it's ever been, I know that cheating is the last thing that makes a good score on here.  It's spending hours on this flippin' game remembering breaks, distances, wind, greens, rough, and all the other God-awful course gremlins that are patiently waiting to ruin a sparkling round. 

Just like anything else, a low score is the product of hours of hard work, a little bit of luck, and a lot of people's jealousy.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:36 AM

HoleItSucker:
    The struggles one faces these days in WGT....how will I manage?!

LOL-New crisis, Hole-think this way for a while, though. If your average is the last 14 rounds you might see it go lower as the oldest rounds drop out. 

I find this most impressive because it didn't happen by pounding away at SA. Consistent rounds of 30 at BPB is something to talk about. Very nice accomplishment, Hole.

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:39 AM

Wow!! Congrats to you.My hats are off to anybody who can achieve the 50's average in this game :) Hit em Straight and good luck to keeping it down for your future tourny wins!!

Pardog06

• PAGES
RSS