Forums

Help › Forums

European Tournament

Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:34 PM (86 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2009 12:52 AM

Hi

Would love to give this a go only I dont want to let people down. Am not familiar playing in multiplayer mode, I have only ever played on my own. How would foursomes and alternate holes actually work in practice ????

Also I am from Australia, the time zones might make it awkward? 

If someone could fill me in on the small detail am happy to give it a try.

Cheers Doug

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 3:33 AM

This will be simply normal match play. At the moment, the only tournament which includes foursomes and alternate hole is the Ryder Cup, for which you can sign up HERE .

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2009 6:28 AM

Only three signups in the last three days, so it looks like it's time to close this and start playing.

FRIDAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2009 7:10 AM

Anyone not yet signed up for this event have until midnight Friday to do so before Seve sets it up.

Sean

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 12:29 PM

Just a couple of things:

1-. I've updated the averages on the signups spreadsheets, so any scores you post from now on will not affect your seeding.

2-. Bergaz2007, I've looked you up on the WGT players section and there is no player with that name. I assume you made some mistake when you signed up and that it's not really your username, so could you please sign up again or post your username on my wall?

Good luck to everybody. Last 24 hours to sign up.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 3:23 PM

Hi Seve,

Thanks for the effort put into this and look forward to kick off

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 6:15 AM

It's a pleasure to organise this:)  Last few hours of signups, which will be closed at 18:00GMT.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:58 AM

Signups are closed. You will be informed of your opponnents tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning at the latest.

By the way, we've got two non-europeans in the tourney, but I have permitted them to join because this was initially created as a sort of team-spirit-making-tournament for the Ryder Cup, and these two players have already signed up for Team World.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 3:34 AM

OK, it's all ready to go! As this isn't a monthly Match Play Tournament, that means we will have a little more time than usual, so I thought we could do something different to the style of tournament we have played up to now, and I've divided you all into groups. You will play each player in your group once. You get three points for a win, one for a draw and none for losing. When you have all played each other, the player with most points of each group will go into the quarter finals. Also, the second placed player of GROUP A  and the second placed player with most points of all the other groups will also qualify for the quarter finals. All games will be nine holes(back nine-Kiawah), except the final and the semi finals, which will be 18 holes(back nine played twice).

All the information is on my first post on the first page of this thread.

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 3:59 AM

Great idea  :-)   Group play before cup, kind of champions league, just like football.

nice and good work!

RSS