Forums

Help › Forums

Zoom and Reverse Angles

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 22 2010 12:13 PM (3 replies)
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 1:48 PM

Haven't seen this discussed much but it really bothers me when I have a 16 yd pitch and the default view is ZOOM at least 50% of the time.  Scroll to my 25 yd club or 34 yd club and the view is REVERSE. 

So the question is, if you are close enough for a REVERSE view with longer clubs, why does WGT default to ZOOM view for the shortest club in your bag?  I know enough to switch the view by changing clubs but it seems like a waste of time and motion.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 11:39 AM

Hi Jake,

I'm not sure if there's any particular reason for that, but it's been that way as far back as I can remember.  If while using some of the specialty shots you select a club that is shorter than the distance you get the front view and if you use a club longer than the distance to the hole you'll get the reverse view.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 12:10 PM

Thanks for the reply Niv.  Yes it has always been that way but just seems rather odd to me.  Guess it doesn't really bother other people as there has been no response to the post.  I just prefer the reverse angle for short shots.  I actually hit the short shots and putt while locked in the REVERSE view so it's a bit bothersome to me when I have an 18 yd pitch but draw my 17 club and have to hit from the normal view.

I may be wrong but I believe FLOP defaults to ZOOM as well.  Would really like a REVERSE view on flop shots as it's much easier to align.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 12:13 PM

jakestanfill7:
    I may be wrong but I believe FLOP defaults to ZOOM as well.  Would really like a REVERSE view on flop shots as it's much easier to align.

The reason we do it with the front-view is because in most situations you always end up adjusting your aimer to the left since flops always go right.  If you have a hill sloping to the right as well you'd have situations where you'd need to place the aimer outside of the visible area of the screen that the zoom shot shows.  The front view just gives you more space to work with.  The lesser of two evils I guess you could say. =)

RSS