Forums

Help › Forums

Putting green

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 29 2010 12:13 PM (6 replies)
  • benniejet
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 12:47 PM

I would love to have some kind of putting practice area, putting course or green with multiple holes.  New here and digging in, but my putting is just nasty.

• BirdieRoo
    20 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 1:41 PM

Agreed.  Putting green is essential.  Nearly all courses have putting greens, practice traps and a driving range.  This would be good for WGT to help players hone their skills with different clubs, shots, etc.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 4:53 PM

Both suggestions have been made to WGT many times by many people. They are working on it. Good though.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:40 PM

Player suggestion list. Always check here before suggesting something.

• JimmyWalters
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 11:47 AM

Maybe I just haven't played enough yet to unlock certain things, but I think a shorter putter range than 30 feet would be ideal.  I mean, if you're 20 inches from the hole, it's really easy to over or undershoot, when you're trying to gauge the amount of strength to use against a 30 foot putting gauge.  I know golf's not supposed to be an easy game, but even in my first days of playing real golf, I didn't miss puts from 15 inches away.  My misses from 3 feet away rarely went 8 feet past the hole, either.  I think there could be some compromising, like maybe making the striking a little more difficult, and adding a 10 foot putter range, for when you're in really close.

• JimmyWalters
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 6:34 PM

Ok.  I retract my suggestion.  I think I must have just been having a bad day.  I just shot a 78 at Kiawah, and only 3 putted 2 greens.  I do think the driving and striking could be a little more difficult.  If it were that easy to hit it straight, in reality, we'd all be eligible for the pga tour.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 12:13 PM

Hi Jimmy,

Some of the premium putters available in the Pro Shop have shorter 15 foot meters.  The Anser, Daytona and Redwood all have the 15 footer and the Spyder has 25 as the shortest increment.

RSS