Help › Forums

Browser Problems

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 23 2010 12:44 PM (9 replies)
  • SloeStick
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 9:39 PM

Hi all,  I have really had fun so far here at WGT.  Thanks

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem using the Chrome browser?  It asks for my name and password then  after entering them, it returns and asks for them again.  I can sign in fine with Firefox and Safari, but would like to try Chrome because it doesn't eat up alot of CPU or RAM.  I get too many delayed clicks while swinging...really screws up a good round!!!

Let me know if anyone has a fix for this.

Cheers,

SloeStick

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 10:11 PM

Hi SloeStick,

That might have something to do with your cookie settings in Chrome. 

• Click the wrench icon in the top right of the browser.
    • Choose OPTIONS from the drop-down menu. 
    • When the options box pops up click the UNDER THE HOOD tab. 
    • Underneath where it says Privacy click the CONTENT SETTINGS button.
    • In the settings box click the COOKIES tab
    • Verify that "Allow local data to be set" is already selected
    • Verify that "Block all third-party cookies without exception" is not checked.
    • Verify that "Clear cookies and other site data when I close my browser" is not checked.
    • Click close twice and try to login again if you had to change any settings.

If this doesn't help or if your settings are already correct please let me know.

• SloeStick
    7 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 7:08 AM

Thanks for the input and it is the cookies being denied.  Unfortunately, my Chrome

only allows cookies set for ALLOW ALL, ONLY FOR SITES I VISIT or Deny ALL.

I'm on a Mac and Chrome is still a Beta.  I can login if I set it to ALLOW ALL.  I think that after I login I can go back to setup and change it back to Only For Sites I Visit.  I will play with and find out.

Thanks again,

SloeStick

• PICKERTOO
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 3:25 AM

I have the same problem with the power, firefox evidently sucks

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 12:57 PM

SloeStick:

my Chrome

only allows cookies set for ALLOW ALL, ONLY FOR SITES I VISIT or Deny ALL.

Sloe-I'm not sure if Macs handle Chrome differently but you can go one step further on the Allow/Deny function. Click the wrench and Options to get this-follow the red arrows.

Manually type those addys in and you should be ok.

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 2:39 PM

This is a great program for cleaning up caches and registries.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download  This is free software and cleans up all caches with one click. Works for me,never have problems!

• SloeStick
    7 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 5:20 PM

Yes, they are different.  The interface on the Chrome for Mac is not fully developed yet.

So, I am content with Firefox or I can just boot my PC and use Chrome from there.  Thank you for your reply.

Cheers,

SloeStick

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 12:26 AM

Chrome and FF both work in the windows environment, SloeStick. Chrome seems to render the game a little more efficiently, but it is also important to have all non-essential programs and services turned off for best performance.

if you haven't already try GameBooster found HERE (also for use in windows)

• SloeStick
    7 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 7:28 AM

Hi, as previously posted, the Chrome issue is on a Mac.  GameBooster is for PC only.

Running Chrome on my PC, works nicely and I have not had to adjust any settings or services on the PC running Windows 7.  I was just hoping that anyone using a Mac might

have a solution for browser lag.

Cheers,

SloeStick

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 12:44 PM

SloeStick:
    Hi, as previously posted, the Chrome issue is on a Mac.

I'm not a Mac user, but have been using a stripped down version of Chrome, called Iron.  I see there is a version out for the Mac os now.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1048

Hope maybe this will help

RSS