Help › Forums

Choppy meter only on the putting green

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:04 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Stevo71
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:52 PM

I am having a problem with the meter getting choppy on the putting green. My drive and approach shots run smooth. Only happens once I hit the green. It's really hurting my score. I have flash 10. Any ideas?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:59 PM

Stevo71:

Any ideas?

Look through Optimizing Your WGT Experience to try to clear up some of your problems... usually this will help. Sadly, the meter lag is something that all members experience, if even just a tiny bit, and is impossible to entirely get rid of. 

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:07 PM

TheLighterDark:

Ya checking this out is your best bet.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:13 PM

Hi Stevo,

If this only happens on the green please check your game options and make sure the putting grid is set to OFF.  This will still display the grid while you line up your putt, however, it will remove the grid as soon as you begin to draw back the putter.  The grid has a lot of moving beads and is pretty graphically intense.  When it's gone it should help you quite a bit.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:17 PM

I would bet you have your putting grid turned on.

If you turn it off you will still see it but it will go away while you are putting smoothing out the meter.

*damn nivja

• Stevo71
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:36 PM

Thank you gentlemen/ladies. I will try it. Makes sense. never had a problem with it before, but I'll give it a shot.

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

• flicklives
    33 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:41 PM

Me too, in fact that has been the norm in multiplayer mode, and the more players in a multiplayer round the more pronounced the erratic meter. Minutes later in  single player mode the meter is much smoother. I have a fast cable connection, know how to, and do keep a clean & fast PC. I would also appreciate any education or suggestions.

• Stevo71
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:41 PM

Turning the grid off worked. Thanks a bunch!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:58 PM

Stevo71:

Turning the grid off worked. Thanks a bunch!

Foiled again. Darn you WGTniv and SoulCatcher! 

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 11:43 AM

One other thing to keep it smoother is that I give full CPU priority to my browser whichever it is (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, etc.). See the picture in my post here for that.

Since the day I do that, I *almost* never have a choppy meter. Also, kill any other browser window especially those ones with animation in it.

Stevo71:
    GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... we'll see about that!! ;=)

kidding...!

Rob.

• PAGES
RSS