Forums

Help › Forums

the website should penalised those players that disconect when they start losing!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 18 2010 3:01 PM (21 replies)
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 6:55 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^           pretty simple deal on the quitting issue, don't dial up some random group of people with nothing on the line. i've been here almost a year and never have had anyone quit in the middle of a round, forfiet yes. it's all about finding your own little niche here,but to continue all these quitting threads is nuts. to have some kind of punishment for not finishing a round is ludicrous, i play here for fun and want no part of wgt implementing forced finished rounds. this may sound crazy but sometimes the gameplay is very sketchy, so forgive me if i eject out of 'MY' round now and again. nice post richard. please just find some friends to play with and most won't quit i would imagine. jmo. JB

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 8:16 PM

Richard4168:

Doing anything online as a group will always spawn a quitter for a thousand reasons. Snaike is absolutely right in all aspects of his post, from a business standpoint. Internet = dollars. Don't forget what dot com means.

A Internet company will never jeopardize doing anything that will stop the flow of money, rightfully so. It's all about marketing strategies. Everyone should look at this issue from WGT's standpoint and see why WGT just isn't concerned at the moment with the quitting issue.

There should be some kind of way to get quitting information to the masses. It would solve a lot of frivolous threads on this issue for one.

Simple information like:

Don't play random multi-player matches if you don't want to be quit on.

Play multi-player games with your friends who you know won't quit, or make friends with players who you know won't quit.

Join the Ladders and Golfseeker leagues, These are communities filled with WGT members who will not tolerate players quitting a multi-player round. Your simply black balled if you do.

This is the only means of dealing with quitters at this current point in time at WGT. And will most likely be the only way to deal with quitters for some time to come.

Perfectly said.

• ashjackson
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 9:39 PM

when the game plays real shots then i dont think so many players will quit,ive played many shots from the fringe and hit it perfect on the meter and my ball hasnt moved,yeah right i dont even do that on a real course.until they sort out the flaws people will quit,i love the game but i wont be spending money until its sorted.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 12:33 AM

This is the same boring subject that keeps reappearing in the forum. Most of the "quitter s" I play with ...don't like playing very fast green... they give up after a few putt....  perhaps it could be a ISP problem... a house fire... or even worse... you wife needs you to do some chores.

The problem is here and will never be fixed... so lets just play on.

• RobIrish
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:30 AM

I have perhaps a not so new post but I'm going to post my thoughts anyway...

So, after about a month of playing TWO and having not logged into WGT I came back, only because TWO was down for maintenance, same old crap but with a few new uninteresting turds. LOL After teeing off on my used to be fav course, Bethpage, after scoring par on the first hole I found I had won like six in a row new awards!!!! Yeah me!!! New, bronze, granite, limestone awards! Come on.... I have been a member here for a while, played and studied the courses and five holes in... 4 over... Still... Upgraded clubs, bought and sold crap, balls, this and that and still... Whooo Weee!!! Stupid awards but no change in game play! Yeah, spend more money, you'll get better with our new upgrades! How about a car! Now that will help! LOL Seems like this site is run by friggin idiots. How about you fix the problems with driving the ball the same exact way, same driver, same conditions, and 9 out of ten times the ball goes where it wants to, somewhere different every single time. Anyway... Long story short, I won't be back. You guys got my last dollar. Maybe when TWO is down for maintenance the next time, some good CSI Miami re-runs will be on... Who knows... LOL

• RobIrish
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:35 AM

Oh, and by the way, the beautiful real life aerial shots and shimmering water and real trees... ohhh ahhhhh.............

That chopper bill perhaps could have fixed the gameplay? Ya think?!?!?

LOL

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 5:26 AM

Enjoy cartoon golf Rob.

Your rant about WGT.com has been posted a thousand times before and quite frankly is a waste of WGT and the members time, not to mention server space. It's the same drivel over and over.

Your completely missing the point with this game. It's designed to play like real golf. Not a cartoon fantasy. This is the difference. Put the two games side by side and there's no comparison whatsoever. Driving the ball the same exact way is not realistic. A WGT golf ball doesn't have a programed mind like at TWO, landing the ball 2" from the hole on every shot.

If your a real golfer, you would appreciate WGT's realistic look and feel. See you back here when reality sets in.

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 5:51 AM

Two simple options for dealing with the quitters issue:

(1) Don't play random MP matches (simple common sense as previously suggested          in a million different posts)

(2) Adjust your expectations.  I've been here about a year and have been "quit on"           thousands of times. It used to really piss me off and get me wound up. Yet I keep playing random MP rounds. Why? Because I enjoy meeting new players, I enjoy playing with someone else and I came to the conclusion its just not a big deal. I know that I will rarely finish a MP round with everyone who started - but if 1 or 2 finish the round, I've had an enjoyable game with maybe a new friend.

Let it go folks - there are many options here. Find your own way to get the most enjoyment out of a great game and have fun.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 6:10 AM

RobIrish,

Richard hit on it, it's all about your expectations. I personally don't ding on WGT for not allowing every tee shot to land in the exact same spot, what a bore that would be......And I know for sure when I am on the real course, I can play 10 tee shots in the exact same conditions and get 10 very different results, so I think this is MORE realistic that TWO.

I disagree with your assertion that 10 shots with the exact same conditions and exact same swing go in wildy different directions. First off, you almost never see the exact same conditions twice, much less 10 times. I have. however, been in rounds where the entire 4 some with similar equipment has a very small pattern after similar tee shots, and I don't think it is nearly as bad as what you have so dramatically overstated.

If it isn't your thing, that's fine, but for many of us it is EXACTLY what we are looking for.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 7:09 AM

So TWO released a new course today. I went and played it. Take note. This is my first round played from the back tees with 'expert' pins.

RobIrish:

LOL After teeing off on my used to be fav course, Bethpage, after scoring par on the first hole I found I had won like six in a row new awards!!!! Yeah me!!! New, bronze, granite, limestone awards! Come on.... I have been a member here for a while, played and studied the courses and five holes in... 4 over...

I won 19 awards for this effort.

RSS