Forums

Help › Forums

the website should penalised those players that disconect when they start losing!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 18 2010 3:01 PM (21 replies)
  • fer4sho
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:33 AM

the website should do something about penalising those players that disconect when they are losing even pros disconect and that sucks big time i wish some one from the website reads this post and do something about it!!!!!!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 12:07 PM

They have done something about it.

Look at the Ladders or GolfSeekers... both offsite web sites that allow you to play this game with people who are not going to quit.

Good luck and have fun.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 12:43 PM

Snaike:

They have done something about it.

Look at the Ladders or GolfSeekers... both offsite web sites that allow you to play this game with people who are not going to quit.

Good luck and have fun.

That along with a [in the works] Reputation System that will allow you to see the Play/Quit ratios of potential opponents. 

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 1:14 PM

I know what you are saying Snaike.... and it's become the go-to answer for all of these quitter threads......but it shouldn't be Ladders nor Golfseekers job to fix this continual and very annoying problem....  it is WGT's responsibility.     It is their website and they should take corrective steps to fix this problem.    When you consider a foursome starting play... and 1 player quits early in the round.... the other 3 get pissed.... then if that quitter exits incorrectly, the game is Froze for all.... very annoying!      The fixes (Reputation) they have in mind will not work.... people are still going to quit!     So how do you stop people from quitting??     Simple, just lock them out of the game until they finish the round on their own or wait a specified amount of time to wait for the un-lock.     This lock would only apply to Multi-Play rounds, so WGT can still get the player to PLAY...... and that,  is WGT's main concern... getting people to play this game.    FINE!   Let them play the tourneys, closest -to-the-hole, single play, practice rounds.... ONLY.... NOT multi-play rounds until they have completed their round or waited the specified time...... maybe 2 hours????     Today I have started 7 rounds and have had only 1 player finish out of 12.      One out of Twelve.... that's ridiculous....... and the day is not over.     And please, do not tell me about the players who have a good reason to quit.... it's been all over the threads.....  let them finish the round on their own..... besides, that percentage of good quits is by far so much lower than that of the real quitters!       No one is being Penalized here, just a temporary Lock on Multi-Play rounds.      We're talking about the people who quit cause they hit a ball in the water on the 1st hole,     or took a triple bogey on the 3 rd hole,     or missed an eagle putt,      or is 5 shots over average,      or is even par after 7 holes with a 65 average,      or shot 5 shots over par and will not post a score because of their 68 average,      or the guy who 3 putted the 1st hole and just got mad!      and the best one......   guy hits his approach 8 ft from the hole on a par 5, misses the eagle putt long, then misses the 3 ft birdie putt coming back, then quits!     Classic!     Come on WGT... quit wasting your time and money on the Reputation Idea......  just LOCK them up.        

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 1:53 PM

Acey...  I agree with you.  It is ridiculous.  The frequency of quitting on this site is simply staggering.  People quit for a whole boatload of reasons and none of them make sense to normal people who simply want to play the game they started.  Everyone who plays a random 4 person multi-player game has, imho, about a 1 in 10 chance to finish it with one player, and more like 1 in 100 to finish with all participants.

The quitting has been epidemic since the launch of the multi-player and it is one of the main concerns of the players. 

The two points with which I will slightly disagree are these:

1. This is not WGT's main concern, nor should it be.  WGT's main concern should be presentation of new courses and the correct playability of the current ones.  This brings in new players which, in turn, brings in new money.  New money, for any business, is the life-blood on which the game lives or dies.  
    2. Locking quitters into the game.  Yes, there are 2 million reasons people leave MP games, but to 'force' them into anything will only drive old and new players away.  People will not play MP games anymore.

Playing with the off-site groups only guarantees that you will be paired with like-minded individuals.  People who don't WANT to quit, but who know that they can if the need arises.

The Reputation Tracker has always been a bit of a red herring in my opinion.  It's not going to stop or deter anything...  just give numbers geeks a reason to kick players out of games.

Remember, my friend, that this game's first appeal, besides golf, is that you can play for free.  If you place too many restrictions on the 'free' players, you won't get them hooked enough to spend their new money.

I do agree with you, mostly, and I hope that you can see my points.

Peace.

• Navyaq
    20 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 1:58 PM

I agree! Great idea!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 2:34 PM

I don't understand the problem. Why not just make it so that any ranked round, whether single or as part of a group, must be completed? Just remove the forfeit from stroke play all together. If you quit, or disconnect, or have to leave, when you come back, you complete your round before you play anything else. Seems to me it would make everyone happy:

• the ones who got quit on would be happy
    • the people complaining about people falsifying their average would be happy
    • the people who get disconnected during a great round would be happy

Seems like the issue would be solved.

• drummer49
    4 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 2:50 PM

Acey, I agree with you and Snaike.  I just finished a round with a chap from the UK.  We started wih a "pro" who took four strokes to get out of a bunker (at St. Andrews) and promptly quit.  However, the two of us had a grand time finishing up (even though I played badly...) and he's now on my buddy list.  These crybaby whiners need to get a life!  And if their "life" is a computer-generated fantasy golf game, there are more serious issues here than any one of us can or should deal with.  Now, I've only been around for a couple of months, but have seen more than my share of quitters.  Maybe they should have a "potential quitters" ranking...?

Peace,

John

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 3:26 PM

Doing anything online as a group will always spawn a quitter for a thousand reasons. Snaike is absolutely right in all aspects of his post, from a business standpoint. Internet = dollars. Don't forget what dot com means.

A Internet company will never jeopardize doing anything that will stop the flow of money, rightfully so. It's all about marketing strategies. Everyone should look at this issue from WGT's standpoint and see why WGT just isn't concerned at the moment with the quitting issue.

There should be some kind of way to get quitting information to the masses. It would solve a lot of frivolous threads on this issue for one.

Simple information like:

Don't play random multi-player matches if you don't want to be quit on.

Play multi-player games with your friends who you know won't quit, or make friends with players who you know won't quit.

Join the Ladders and Golfseeker leagues, These are communities filled with WGT members who will not tolerate players quitting a multi-player round. Your simply black balled if you do.

This is the only means of dealing with quitters at this current point in time at WGT. And will most likely be the only way to deal with quitters for some time to come.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 6:21 PM

Well said Richard.

Well said

RSS